Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Thunder Power charger won't charge

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 11:04 AM
phokur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Power charger won't charge

Hi all, I have a Thunder Power charger setup for my E-Maxx and I cannot for the life of me get it to charge any of my LiPos.

My setup is the TP-535 charger connected to a TP-205V balancer. They are connected with a DLC-250A data link cable.

When I connect any of my 3s LiPos, I press start, it waits a couple of seconds, then beeps while flashing the yellow and green (charge/full) lights. After the initialization seconds, a multimeter shows the current being drawn for a fraction of a second and then an abrupt cut off. I get exactly the same failure when I unplug the balancer all together.

The balancer reports the correct cell count then goes into standby. I would almost say the two aren't talking and that's the problem. Although I thought the charger alone could charge a pack without balancing. Any ideas?
Old 02-03-2012, 05:04 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Thunder Power charger won't charge

damm thats a expensive setup thats nothing great, I dont know enuff to help, but i can recomend a $30 Imax B5 or B6, works a treat for me and its all one unit