RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

having problems with MIP diff for the hpi blitz pro

Old 02-03-2012, 04:11 PM
playerpete

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default having problems with MIP diff for the hpi blitz pro

this is the second time that im having problem with my diff for the blitz. I ran the truck once, and now the diff is really really gritty/sandy. I have replaced the original diff that came with the kit thinking it was defective so I bought a new one from hobby store and its still doing the same thing.. I barely ran this.. Mostly, I ran this on my front street.. I followed the assembly to the teeth as in the instructions that came with the diff.. Any ideas??? mostly, it seems like the balls are getting flattened.. But, after one run??? Thanks..
Old 02-04-2012, 12:55 PM
thehuntingterminator

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: having problems with MIP diff for the hpi blitz pro

Quote:
ORIGINAL: playerpete

this is the second time that im having problem with my diff for the blitz. I ran the truck once, and now the diff is really really gritty/sandy. I have replaced the original diff that came with the kit thinking it was defective so I bought a new one from hobby store and its still doing the same thing.. I barely ran this.. Mostly, I ran this on my front street.. I followed the assembly to the teeth as in the instructions that came with the diff.. Any ideas??? mostly, it seems like the balls are getting flattened.. But, after one run??? Thanks..
sounds like to me you just need to buy the gear diff for the RTR Blitz and drop it in.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:20 PM
playerpete

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well getting that could work but I'm sure Hpi didn't put mip diffs on the pro version unless they didn't see it better than original.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Josh222

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I took the ball diff out of my Blitz kit and replaced it with the diff out of my e-firestorm with some fresh diff oil. Not as easy to adjust but MUCH more durable.

Search this Thread