Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

DEX410V3 NEED HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Mini8Menace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DEX410V3 NEED HELP!!!!!

i got my order in for the DEX410V3 and i cannot wait i have been doing a lot of research on what classes are in my area and what would be a good set up to go with I’ve been racing on carpet and now i wanna step up and in my research the v3 is a sick car i currently have some 10.5 setups in some of my other vehicles and i am wondering what would be the best motor and spedo set up I’ve realized that there aren’t many 17.5 class for 1/10 buggy its usually open or mod and i don’t want to start out racing and get dusted all day i am open to any suggestions on what turn motor would be best suited for me but still be able to keep it under control and if i do go with a low turn i will be dialing it down till i get more comfortable with the vehicle i am leaning towards a 6.5 to 8.5 turn but not to sure yet looking at tekin trinity viper speed passion reedy and what a good company is to deal with also for the esc I’m looking at a RS also the orion vortex still unsure but i would appreciate any info good or bad and if what I’m looking at isn’t right please let me know thanks
what would be the best set up since i am just getting into off-road i am comfortable with my 10.5 setups in my other vehicles so should go with a lower turn and tune it down and what turn or a 10.5 boosted and what esc motor and servo products would work out best

Old 02-04-2012, 06:42 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: DEX410V3 NEED HELP!!!!!

The DEX410 is a 2wd buggy right? If so, you will want more speed than torque and get a 13.5 turn brushless. And if you dont like that idea, ask around and see what others are using. A good 13.5 (that i use) is the Reedy system.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:37 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

Please don't take it the wrong way, but my eyes hurt trying to read what you posted.

If you already know what buggy classes run at your local track, what exactly are you trying to ask?

I can understand that you're excited about your new buggy, but typically it will run the same stuff the others run (motors, tire choices, lipos).

Post some pics of your new car here! I'm sure that a bunch of us would like to see it!
Old 02-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Mini8Menace

sorry for the headache im just not getting much help there arent many tracks around me that run classes for 4wd buggy in 1/10 so i havent had a chance to get info from them also its winter to clarify my questions im looking for a motor turn that would be good to start out with but as i get more comfortable with the car i can boost it looking at reedy tekin orion speed passion epic and viper not sure what would work best for my situation second is an esc that can be adjusted for many settings and can handle lower turn motors for when i upgrade looking at tekin speed p... orion and viper i know its alot but i want the best working combo between them all sorry for another headache but your the first one to help me out still in process of building will post as soon as im done
Old 02-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Mini8Menace

the DEX410 V3 is a 4wd so i know im gonna need more power than 13.5 and i already have 10.5 systems and im comfortable whith them but i want something i can handle now and when i get more comfortiable can boost is or go for a lower turn and tune it down for now also an esc that can handle lower turns for when i upgrade and has many settings
Old 02-04-2012, 10:46 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

Yeah, we all run 17.5 or mod in 2WD buggy here, but I have no clue about 4WD buggies. I do run 4WD on-road, but it's all the same - 17.5 stock spec class, 13.5 GT class, or mod.

I would imagine that it would be the same thing for 4WD off-road, but again, I could be wrong.

Realistically, we can only go so fast on the track until the car is too fast to even make a simple turn around the first bend. I know it's cool to have a fast motor, but it's no use if it's too much and you can't really race with it, aside from driving back and forth in a straight line.

Check out your local track again, during a race, and watch the 4WD guys. ask them what the deal is - most of them should be happy enuf to help you out