Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

ecx torment, wow

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 05:30 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default ecx torment, wow

I took my ecx torment to the hobbyshop's track yesturday.
I had a couple of buddies to race with.
Their track is small, tight and technical. Oh, and carpet floor.

Anyway, with the exception that I ran a 2s lipo pack, the torment was stock.

It was a dream to drive. I have had the slash before, and Im sure it can be fast and easy to drive but its not that way out of the box.

The torment's tires gripped VERY well. If I backed up and then punched the throttle it would wheely for 10 feet. Thats pretty good for a 20t brushed motor, even it I was useing a 2s lipo.

Then the handling, the truck leans but you have to push really hard for it to roll. And jumping was pretty nice to. slight nose heavy, but not bad.

I ran a pair of 2s lipo packs threw the truck and the motor only got warm.

My buddy had a slash 4x4 vxl with a 2s lipo. my torment could keep up on this track! Again, it has tight lanes and short straight sections but still its pretty impressive.

Im sure the slash 2wd can handle as well as the torment, but only after shocks, tires, suspension are all tweaked. The torment just seemed to handle well box stock.

I was surprised when the hobby shop guy said that no one races the torment yet.

the slash is waterproof, but the torment handles nice / has better tires (grippy) and is $40 cheaper.

I had a blast with the truck!
Old 02-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Sunfirefoot
My Feedback: (30)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: ecx torment, wow

Glad you like it!!! I too enjoy the hell out of my Torment!!!
Old 02-07-2012, 09:00 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: Sunfirefoot

Glad you like it!!! I too enjoy the hell out of my Torment!!!
I see yours is brushless.

Is your trans stock, or upgraded?

Any other parts you upgraded?

I also have the ruckus, which I got used. The motor burnt up right away....not sure why.

I have a BL system I may put in the ruckus....as well as a T-Bone Racing front bumper on the way. I need a new body tho, the stock one busted up really bad at the track.

I think the ruckus is kinda neat, cuase it looks like a traxxas stampede but its actually has a longer wheel base and much better handling. I think that brushless it can make a nice 2wd MT truck.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Sunfirefoot

Not sure about the ruckus, it seems pretty cool, but anyway my torment trans is stock with the Duratrax Element bl system, it's a crazy machine!!! It handles that brushless amazingly, the shocks are Venom aluminum with 50 wt oil and that mod alone made it unroll able lol other than that it's stock.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:28 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Not sure about the ruckus, it seems pretty cool, but anyway my torment trans is stock with the Duratrax Element bl system, it's a crazy machine!!! It handles that brushless amazingly, the shocks are Venom aluminum with 50 wt oil and that mod alone made it unroll able lol other than that it's stock.
sweet, glad to hear the trans can handle more power.

how do you like the duratrax element system? Iv see some used on ebay for $100, which aint bad considering its waterproof.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Sunfirefoot

It's pretty amazing honestly, I've had numerous velineon systems and a few sidewinder systems and the element puts them to shame, the 4 pole motor has plenty of torque and rpm, we clocked my torment at 57 mph on a traxxas series 3 7-cell, so I'd hate to see what it does on Lipo lol another thing to consider modding is the yokes and axles, I forgot this in my last post but I have slash axles and rustler metal yokes on my torment because the hobby shop didn't have the stock axles I did some homework and realized the slash axles and rustler yokes would work.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:29 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we clocked my torment at 57 mph on a traxxas series 3 7-cell
Im not calling you a liar, but I think id have to see that one to believe it [&:]
Old 02-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Sunfirefoot

Well you'll have to buy your own and set it up because mine is for sale and i'm not about to break it just to prove it [:@]
Old 02-16-2012, 09:46 AM
NBCTANK

I just got one, haven't heard of it before, just saw a sale advert for it. Usually if the LHS don't have good parts support, I won't buy something, or sale what I have. (Regret selling a couple of old school RC's now). I didn't expect much stock, so since I had an extra Mtroniks brusless combo with a 380 size motor, I installed it, and a little test in the drive way, and yeah, I'm impress. Too bad it was dark outside.
I'll full on bash it this weekend and compare it with my Slash when I get it delivered.

Stock
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIJ4WKsg9M8[/youtube]

After with 380 siz brushless motor and 3s
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXLrBbWSQNs&feature=related[/youtube]

I found a LHS that sells parts, so later I will try out the 550 size Mtroniks monster motor.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:27 AM
NBCTANK

Took mine out last night and did a few runs. I don't know how good it would handle on a track but on the street, I think it did better, (less rollovers) than my 4X4 Slash. The trans held up with wheelies on demand. Will try to video later.