Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

Getting back in after 20 years. HPI Racing E-Firestorm 10T Flux RTR

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Getting back in after 20 years. HPI Racing E-Firestorm 10T Flux RTR

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 05:05 PM
OkieTrucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting back in after 20 years. HPI Racing E-Firestorm 10T Flux RTR

Hello fellow RC'ers! I was pretty big into racing off road trucks back in '88-92, got out for many years picked up flying back in '07 and flew for about 2 years. I flew sport and 3D and got really good really fast and due to health problems got out. Well a neighbor recently built a track and I decided to get back into trucks. I used to race a Losi JRX-T on a very limited budget and got really good at my local track in Memphis, Tn and won several trophies and events but life happened and I never Persued regional or nats like I wanted to. So I am getting back into racing and have ordered
HPI Racing E-Firestorm 10T Flux RTR. I always liked HPI back then and this kit looks like a great competitor for the $. Just looking for advice, comments, tips, friends and anything positive other RC'ers care to contribute. Do you think this is a good competitor or just a back yarder? I am going to race it and if there is enough interest i will update with reaults of how it does. I am 44 years old, a disabled veteran and I need something to occupy my time to keep me from going (more) crazy! I look forward to making many new friends, and maybe finding some old friends. Hope to hear from you!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:22 PM
futureboy1969

Default RE: Getting back in after 20 years. HPI Racing E-Firestorm 10T Flux RTR

Hey welcome back to the hobby... I'm about ur age (42). I raced AE rc10's back in the day...And I'm still racing. now Nitros and Brushless trucks, buggys and truggys.. Hpi makes
good stuff. I plus the flux brushless is the way to go...Most of all Enjoy your self and have fun...I 'm i rc life er...
Old 02-09-2012, 06:46 PM
OkieTrucker

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear some of us old timers still out there!
Old 02-10-2012, 03:33 PM
mercerbeef

Okie- check out the E-Firestorm thread, theres lots of info there.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:42 PM
OkieTrucker

Will do, thanks.