Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

Help Me WaterProof Hobbywing Xerun 150amp Sensored System

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Help Me WaterProof Hobbywing Xerun 150amp Sensored System

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 10:24 PM
horngc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the awesome reply. Very helpful. I will be using the Arctic Silver adhesive. I will also see if i can find a stick-on pad. What do you think about the smaller circuits on the side of the silver bars?

Last edited by horngc; 05-03-2015 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:03 PM
gonhk

Also, i dont if I should get the alumina adhesive or the silver adhesive. The alumina adhesive wont short any circuits out in case it gets on the pins, but doesnt transfer heat as well as the silver. The silver is also twice as much, but you have to be twice as careful when using it.

Last edited by gonhk; 05-04-2015 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:13 PM
jinkhb

Thanks for the awesome reply. Very helpful. I will be using the Arctic Silver adhesive. I will also see if i can find a stick-on pad. What do you think about the smaller circuits on the side of the silver bars?
Old 05-07-2015, 11:04 PM
honjhv

Well, i should get the heat sink adhesive in a couple of days. Once i get it and install the heat sink i will post some pics. Once the heat sink is installed, i will than waterproof it.

Last edited by honjhv; 05-07-2015 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:41 PM
honjgg

Well, i should get the heat sink adhesive in a couple of days. Once i get it and install the heat sink i will post some pics. Once the heat sink is installed, i will than waterproof it.

Last edited by honjgg; 05-08-2015 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:37 PM
honjg

I see what you mean dude. what i would do is find a way to stick the heat sink to it. or just set the heat sink and thermal pad on where there supposed to go, and then put liquid tape all around it and then put it back together. cause i don't think that the heat sink will move around and break the seal of the liquid tape when it's all back toghether.

Last edited by honjg; 05-10-2015 at 11:40 PM.