Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Rustler v slash

Old 02-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Krog180

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rustler v slash

Hi could some one please give me some advice on wich one I should get I'm looking at Eather a rustler or a slash 1/1/0 just for bashing around the park .ive got the erevos and love them but the kids want to have one for there birthdays so im tossing up between the two . Wish one is the toughest ?
Old 02-18-2012, 02:04 PM
thehuntingterminator

Default RE: Rustler v slash

both are great for bashing in my opinion. while i've never driven a Slash, i have heard great things about its durability. however, i do own a Rustler and i love it! don't be scared to buy either one, both will be fun and reliable bashers. if your interested, check out the Slash and Rustler threads here on RCU. just do a search. there are tons of people on there that will help you decide.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:16 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would say the rustler is stronger, the gearbox mounts up to the chassis better, but there are a few upgrade parts for the slash to fix that weak point.
The slash has more protestion from impacts, front, rear & side bumperbars... and the way the wheels are under the body is a good thing.
The slash look bigger than the rustler, because of it massive body. It is slightly longer but the rustler is wider

I have more fun with my Slash thesedays, Because of its shocking handling it really makes it fun to drive.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Krog180

Ok is it much better to go 4x4 or is 2wd fine also ?
Old 02-19-2012, 08:28 AM
porterdog

I have both; probably 6 of one a half-dozen of the other.   I let my kid drive the slash mostly; I think it's better protected (big bumpers, nerf bars, covered wheels.   He thinks the Rustler is cooler, I think because it's open wheeled.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:46 PM
robg68

I have 2 rustlers (wife's and 7 yo daughter's) and a slash 4x4 (mine). I have to say the slash is more durable and easier to drive, in some terrain it's almost impossible to get the rustler going straight. The gears last a lot longer on the slash too.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:23 PM
formula87

Get the Slash, I have had both,has all the same parts as the Rustler and Bandit.. more protection for younger drivers and better handeling... and if you have a RC Track near you, your kids can run Stock SC which the 2WD Slash fits right in.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:15 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry but i have to dissagree IMO the rustler handles better, even on a race track It can be a very competive 2wd truggy.
Rustler has a nice & low centre of gravity and tons more grip, wider stance, lighter, bigger selection of aftermarket tyres.... blah blah blah

I still like the slash more lol

My slash & rustler

Old 02-23-2012, 11:29 AM
njm911

I like the ruster better get more grip with the bigger tires