Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

hyper 10tt diff gears

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 04:35 AM
filly.bluntz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hyper 10tt diff gears

Hi all

I have problem with the diff gears in my 10tt I heard a grinding sound coming from the diff gear so i open it up found gears chiped so replaced all the diff gears, crown gears, pinion gears which conectto the crown gear.front ,middle and back but still get grinding sound it seem to be coming form the back i have tried everything i can think of. i have order a new back cover that covers the gears. I have noticed that when wheels spin forward it ok but if i hit the brakes or reverse then is start to grind. if this does not stop or i cart get it towork will have to buy a new tt the part built one asi think this sc truck is the bad to the bone. when it work LoL

does anyone have any ideas

thanks filly
Old 02-24-2012, 07:49 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: hyper 10tt diff gears

Did you rebuild the front differential? Make sure the ring and pinion gears are shimmed correctly, and also, check the spider gears inside the differentials if you havent. You must still have a problem somewhere...
Old 02-25-2012, 12:02 AM
JRockZ

Default RE: hyper 10tt diff gears

Yeah sounds to me like it may need another shim/washer set behind the planataries,,, Note also though that the Hypers gears are loud new even, sounds like you really have something going on though thats not just the normal gear noiseWhat Wgt fluid are you filling them with? AS Cummings Driver said have you taken the front one apart too?? Maybe try moving the rear one to the front and the front on eto the rear and see if that helps any. 
 Good luck!