Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

switchblade spin-out

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 03:02 PM
picklez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default switchblade spin-out

This is probably somewhat of a rookie question, but....I've been driving my trinity switchblade 12 around on our asphalt (smooth) driveway for practice. Upon hard acceleration the car veers or completely spins out to the LEFT.

I'm currently running a stock motor, with the stock Green dot tires on front and back. Maybe I should get purples and pinks????

Then I noticed that the chassis tweak screws were not installed by the prior user so I put those in and adjusted the tweak as best as I could being the first time.

Next thing that I did was l lube and adjust the diff to be a little tighter....thinking maybe it is slipping?

However, the car spins out when turning also.

Does this sound like primarily a tire issue? or tweak? or front/rear sus?
Old 08-28-2003, 04:46 PM
drf

I never had or seen a switchblade so I might be saying stupid things but......

Having such a big problem with the stock motor?It is not really that fast or stong for the can to spin easily but this is a really light car so........
How smooth is the surface you are running?

From how it sounds I would play a little bit with the suspension, make it a little less stiff.
Tightening the diff would probably make things worse. I would adjust it to be as loose as possible, just at the point that it wont slip.
Old 08-29-2003, 12:00 AM
GOING2GETUSUCKA

Here is the answer, I have over ten 1/12 scale cars including yours. To set the tweak find center of the rear of your car adj. from there wheels come of the ground at the same time. Now get a leaf blower and blow the street down in front of your house buy cheap soda and spray the ground where you run your car make a liile track with cones don't trip off the neighbors staring at your stab the bottom of the soda with a razor and shake. Tighten your diff so if you hold the spur gear and turn the wheels it's smoooooth not that much lube is needed silicone lube is a must now hold both wheels and try to move the spur gear it should not move you dont want it loose it will ruin your rings uneven wear will happen. the harder the spring in the rear will put more pressure in the front but less traction in the rear vis versa
Old 08-29-2003, 12:06 AM
GOING2GETUSUCKA

i jus bought a 10 L4 after building it went out front to test it out stock motor 4 cells 360 s no matter how smooth i was on the throttle I guess i will have to wait for the next race to test it out a track is coated with soda for traction you will be amazed it's like a slot car
Old 08-29-2003, 02:48 PM
picklez

are Green dot ok to use on asphalt for now...I plan to get other tires in the future.
Old 08-29-2003, 04:44 PM
GOING2GETUSUCKA

green dots work just fine for the rear get purple for the fronts. tell me if you do the soda let it dry so if gets sticky. Dirt on the surface acts like little balls and your car wont get traction.