Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Blackfoot--19 years old and still runs

Old 08-30-2003, 03:39 AM
taildraggerdave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackfoot--19 years old and still runs

Hello,
Took my Blackfoot out of the attic today, charged the batteries(also 19 years old) and ran it around the backyard....
Only get about 5 minutes out of the batteries, but what do you want for their age.
Are there any LOW dollar tips I can do to this truck? Maybe an electronic speed control or a better motor?
I realize this is an antique and was more curious than anything. I had this when gas cars were just starting out and I always thought I'd get a gas car. Never did.
Most of my free time (and money) is now spent on r/c airplaces but this would be fun to have at the field as well. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

What would be the best choice for a glow powered off road truck with 4 wheel drive??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	105793_15853.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	59257  
Old 08-30-2003, 08:45 AM
LTAt-S4-cobra

Default hi

hi mate are you interested in a sale of the truck if so what price would you be looking at around?

cheers scott
Old 08-30-2003, 03:52 PM
taildraggerdave

Default Moved thread over to Monster Trucks

Hello, I reposted this over in Monster Trucks. Though it would get better response there.

Thanks for the offer, Scott, but I'll be keeping it....
I've had it this long. Unless....you REALLY want it....then send me a PM with an offer. Thanks, Dave
Old 09-01-2003, 02:28 AM
T3Guy

Thats awsome man. Are the tires dry rotted? You should get a little license that says antique.
Old 09-01-2003, 03:23 AM
RCFreakInFL
Banned

5 minutes outta some 20 year old batts on a MSC, is amazing! That's about the average times that electrics get anyway....
Old 09-01-2003, 05:06 AM
taildraggerdave

The tires are fine!!! In fact, the whole truck looks really good.
I got a couple new 1500mah batteries today and it works great. Going to get an ESC tomorrow and call it a day.
Regarding the old batteries, they started out about 2.5 volts on my charger, I cycled them a couple times and used 'em.
It is pretty amazing considering when I first built and used this truck, I didn't know ANYTHING about Nicads........
Old 09-05-2003, 01:21 AM
wcrc

Thats exactly what happened to me. Put a esc and new radio on the truck and it runs like crazy. I had to change out two of the tires because of rot but the truck is fine, the man driving is still smiling. Traxxas stampede tires fit just fine if you need any. I habenot found any spare parts though so don't brake anything, Good luck
Old 09-19-2003, 03:27 PM
R/C freak

Default RE: Blackfoot--19 years old and still runs

itoo have a bf, but its the 2nd gen...SUPER BF. it runs great, but need a new body for it, havnet runit in a while, and would like to know where i can get a new body for it at??