Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Converting T-Maxx to E-Maxx

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 02:03 PM
gPlayer234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converting T-Maxx to E-Maxx

I'm acquiring a mint condition T-Maxx from a friend for $100. It's an older .15 pro model but has many upgrades on the chassis and looks brand new (we rebuilt EVERYTHING). I'm not much of a nitro guy so I'm thinking of converting it to electric. Has anyone done this? If so, what do I need besides the electronics? In the end is it more cost efficient just to buy a brushless E-Maxx?

References or redirects are welcome. I'm going to go with a brushless setup of some sort.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:09 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Converting T-Maxx to E-Maxx

It might be better just to sell it instead of converting it. But if you sell take a look at the Savage Flux HP it is a much better truck than the E-Maxx.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:16 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

It might be better just to sell it instead of converting it. But if you sell take a look at the Savage Flux HP it is a much better truck than the E-Maxx.
Isecond this notion. Additionally the Emaxx's are primarily plastic whereas the Savage's use 2 aluminum plates as the central "spine" of the truck. I'm sure many will agree when I say that they are the superior design.

Depending on how creative or willing you are and if you have sufficient tools you could figure out a way to rig the Tmaxx aluminum pan to work with the electric components. But that's a lot of work and re-engineering. Just visit this link and see what we're talking about: http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...rticle_id=1113
Old 03-28-2012, 09:20 PM
gPlayer234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I decided I'll probably just sell it or keep it and get a 3.3 or something. For how much it would cost for a decent 1/8 brushless setup it would probably cost more than a Savage Flux.