Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HPI 1/5 Flux SCT???

Hey guys does anyone know anything about the release of the 1/5 Brushless SCT....
    People have been talking about it for ages. It was ment to come out in winter... but US winter? Japan Winter??? who knows...
    Has it ever been confirmed by HPI that they are making one???

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5TvB1Z0GHI&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Ive been eyeing off getting a 1/5 SCT... so far the 5ive is looking a tad better than the Baja 5bSCT...
    only thing that gets me with the 5ive, Why cant it be a kit??? im nearly tempted to get the Baja just becauseof the kit & clear body....
    But on the otherside the Baja replacement bodies are so expensive... ahhh its to hard...
    I do like the gasser idea that they can run for 45min+ on one tank, and u can fill it up while running for another 45min. and there sound

Lets just hope HPI have a plan to keep there thing running for 30min at least.....

HURRY UP HPI.... I want to see ur Brushless 1/5 STC.
    LOSI: 5IVE-T, 8IGHT-E, MICRO SCT
    Tamiya: TL01MT, TL01B, TA01RA, Clodbuster
    Traxxas: Slash 2wd, Axial: SCX10 Honcho
    Hobao: Hyper 10e, River Hobby X-Ranger

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: HPI 1/5 Flux SCT???

Hey ive even considered getting a Traxxas XO-1 and converting it into a rally car... not to keen on been the first guy ever to do that...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

could always get a savage flux, a TCS's 1/5th scale conversion kit, and a 1/5th SCT body

Saw the TCS kit IMO it looks pretty bad ass with no body on it, and will proll be cheaper than HPI's 1/5th scale savage. Kind of how the 1/5th scale nitro savage overseas(never came out in the US) cost $300 more than the XL, and only difference was longer TVP, and longer center driveshafts... funny thing was the parts if you ordered them cost only like $60 from Hobby shops [:@]
    http://www.tcscrawlers.com/TCS-Flux-...0-p-17912.html
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I can imagine BL in any of those - wow! 6S easily 8)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That is so cool (1/5 kit for the savage flux) and its soo cheap... I was expecting the kit to be over $300.

Hows those Savage 5t are $900 here and the Savage X is $650
    but the 1/5 scale body is over $200 WOW thats a expensive body

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

That is so cool (1/5 kit for the savage flux) and its soo cheap... I was expecting the kit to be over $300.

anything 1/5th scale is expensive...

like the tires on a baja cost almost as much as the tires on my damn car I drive to work...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

like the tires on a baja cost almost as much as the tires on my damn car I drive to work...
    What kinda ****ty car do you drive to work ?. I have never spent less than 300 dollars on a pair of good car tires. Baja 5b is can be less expansive than any good 1/8 scale electric if done both are done correctly,so far Ive got less than 900 dollars on my Baja Including RPM A-arms,killer bee kill switch and a pair of on road back tires. My Radiopost RX/TX came with 2 receivers so I use it with my 1/8 scale"Caster F8T" and Baja 5b best radio on the market if you ask me. I honestly think 1/5 scale can be as cheap as good 1/8 scale and once you go 1/5 you'll never go back ...unless your Nitro-rob.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah the flux 5th scale truck is awesome
    !!!Bash Like There\'\'s No Repair Bills!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Paron34

What kinda ****ty car do you drive to work ?. I have never spent less than 300 dollars on a pair of good car tires. Baja 5b is can be less expansive than any good 1/8 scale electric if done both are done correctly,so far Ive got less than 900 dollars on my Baja Including RPM A-arms,killer bee kill switch and a pair of on road back tires. My Radiopost RX/TX came with 2 receivers so I use it with my 1/8 scale''Caster F8T'' and Baja 5b best radio on the market if you ask me. I honestly think 1/5 scale can be as cheap as good 1/8 scale and once you go 1/5 you'll never go back ...unless your Nitro-rob.
    well at my LHS the 1/5th scale tires I saw cost $50 for 2. Just looked Desperado tires for the 5b cost $80 for 2 on tower...

Last time I needed a set my car tires were $40ish a pop(on sale) at pepboys (not counting mounting them, disposal fees. etc though just the base cost) so 4 car tires (un-mounted) cost me $90 vs 4 1/5th scale tires cost me $100.
    and yes I drive a ****ty car to work wish someone would steal it, or total it(been hoping this for a few years most they did was damage my door trying to break in...) while I wasn't in it so I could collect the insurance and get out what I put into the POS
    Off sale I will admit the tires do cost a quite a bit more for my car I drive.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Doesn't matter what car. Around here I can get almost new (75% or better tread) tires for $35 a piece, mounted, balanced and out the door. Heck, I got some nice snow tires for the winter for $78 a pair, total. But go ahead, enlighten us as to how much you know, oh Mr. car-quality-equals-tire-price [&:]

That fifth scale conversion just looks simply COOL! Got me thinking about making an HP my next RC. Hmmm

What kinda ****ty car do you drive to work ?. I have never spent less than 300 dollars on a pair of good car tires. Baja 5b is can be less expansive than any good 1/8 scale electric if done both are done correctly,so far Ive got less than 900 dollars on my Baja Including RPM A-arms,killer bee kill switch and a pair of on road back tires. My Radiopost RX/TX came with 2 receivers so I use it with my 1/8 scale"Caster F8T" and Baja 5b best radio on the market if you ask me. I honestly think 1/5 scale can be as cheap as good 1/8 scale and once you go 1/5 you'll never go back ...unless your Nitro-rob.
    Tekno Losi 8ight II Slash 4X4 II HPI Blitz II Associated B4.1 II Losi Mini-T II Custom frame AX10 II Axial G6

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well in upstate NY I can't get a "good" pair of tires off craiglist for less than 75$ "I did get a great pair of studded snow treads for that but needed another 40 for mounting and balancing" you cant possibly being talking about new good tires for a decent car for less than Baja tires???. I spent $50 bucks on my sons Losi Mini 8ight for "sweeps" for on road driving. All in all 1/5 is not much more expansive and if you have the room just seems to get more interest in none RC people which is always good for the hobby,the more the merrier.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

Doesn't matter what car. Around here I can get almost new (75% or better tread) tires for $35 a piece, mounted, balanced and out the door. Heck, I got some nice snow tires for the winter for $78 a pair, total. But go ahead, enlighten us as to how much you know, oh Mr. car-quality-equals-tire-price [&:]

That fifth scale conversion just looks simply COOL! Got me thinking about making an HP my next RC. Hmmm

true didn't think of those
    The car I owned prior I went junkyard hopping for parts, and found a full set of brand new tires(still had those plastic studs on it) on brushed aluminum rims on a totaled car got them $15 a tire with the rim
    Granted driving into NTB, or some other tire shop, and buying good years no way in hell would I walk out for that cheap.

Other than that no idea how much I wish I had the space to store, and drive the 1/5th scale conversion
    living in a overbuilt city sucks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Im luckly accorss the road is a natonal reserve... Mind u ive never gone there with any of my car cars. latly Me and a mate have been going to the local schools and skateparks. More fun than the tracks... before that we just would bash around in front of his house

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yay, it's out......

Omg I knew it.... Rember the savage based baja 5t's it's just one of these but a savage flux with there new SCT body... Why did it take so long to release it.....

But I still want one.... Wow a 1/5 with reverse....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Im drooling over this 1/5th scale - Im not so crazy about the color - hopefully they offer Red, Blue, Silver, Black, etc...

Here is all the details:

http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/106258/

FUBAR VXL
    Rustler VXL * Slash 4x4 VXL * E-Revo - Mamba Edition * Stampede 4x4 VXL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

dunno I still like the TCS 1/5th scale savage conversion kit's looks more, and how the batteries are put in the center on it too instead of stuck to the sides where they potentially could get damaged.
    I do like how the bumpers look though

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What kinda ****ty car do you drive to work ?. I have never spent less than 300 dollars on a pair of good car tires. Baja 5b is can be less expansive than any good 1/8 scale electric if done both are done correctly,so far Ive got less than 900 dollars on my Baja Including RPM A-arms,killer bee kill switch and a pair of on road back tires. My Radiopost RX/TX came with 2 receivers so I use it with my 1/8 scale''Caster F8T'' and Baja 5b best radio on the market if you ask me. I honestly think 1/5 scale can be as cheap as good 1/8 scale and once you go 1/5 you'll never go back ...unless your Nitro-rob.
    Full size car tires frequently go on sale at Wal Mart for $30 each. I remember buying some tires for a trailer at $25 each. If you have an old Honda Civic, there is really no reason to buy Pirellis. No need to be condescending.

A Baja is a cheap, RTR 1/5th scale, but it's still around a grand. There is no way a lower end 1/5th scale gasser will be as cheap as a lower end 1/8th scale buggy. Maybe if you bought the crappiest Chinese Baja clone you could find, then compared it to a fully loaded 8ight... but then why even compare?
    Her name was Lola. She was a show girl.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats a debit from last month

I would never put cheap dodgy tyres on my family car... U guys are crazy if u do
    Not all pirellis are racing tyres
    Why not put say some Say p6 or p7's on a civic?

Don't now what u are debating about the 1/5 scale gassers
    Hpi Baja is not a low end gasser? Hope u are not comparing the Baja to some of the expensive on road cars
    Not that much of a price differance in a losi 8 rtr to a HPI Baja SS Kit

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats a debit from last month

I would never put cheap dodgy tyres on my family car... U guys are crazy if u do
    Not all pirellis are racing tyres
    Why not put say some Say p6 or p7's on a civic?

Don't now what u are debating about the 1/5 scale gassers
    Hpi Baja is not a low end gasser? Hope u are not comparing the Baja to some of the expensive on road cars
    Not that much of a price differance in a losi 8 rtr to a HPI Baja SS Kit
    Family car? No. Pile of crap you bought for $300? Sure.

Her name was Lola. She was a show girl.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I you're putting flea market specials on your $300 car and considering buying a $1000 rc something is wrong.

Two things you never skimp on is brakes and tires.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Man I wish this truck came out earlier , problary would of gt one over my lsi 5ive

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

1/8 electronics in a 1/5 vechicle sounds rediculous. Even with a dual 3s connected I bet it barley hits 30mph.
    1/5 scalers need bigger electronics, that system wouldnt last very long in something that big, Im sorry.[&:]

HPI didnt think about that before putting it on the market. Leaves many people scratching thier heads.
    Losi DT/Losi XX-4/Tamiya TA05/SC10/Tamiya 501x \"WCE\"/Yokomo YR4 M2/F-150/Blackfoot Xtreme

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ElectricGuy007

1/8 electronics in a 1/5 vechicle sounds rediculous. Even with a dual 3s connected I bet it barley hits 30mph.
    1/5 scalers need bigger electronics, that system wouldnt last very long in something that big, Im sorry.[&:]

HPI didnt think about that before putting it on the market. Leaves many people scratching thier heads.
    Thank you for mentioning this because I was thinking the same thing. It's powered by the 2200KV system from the Savage Flux? Or essentially a Mamba Monster Pro? While it's a very potent system I agree that it's not the best choice for a 1/5 4x4 behemoth of a RC. Comparing the pictures of the HPI 1/5 to the TCS Savage 1/5 conversion the HPI looks heavier. The TCS conversion is more or less a longer frame and drive line so there's more "openness" in the chassis. I think the MMP system is enough for the conversion but why HPI didn't team up with Castle again to use something like this: http://www.castlecreations.com/products/mamba_xl2.htmlin the new truck is beyond me. My Savage gets warm enough on 4S; Ican't imagine what it would be like on 6S pushing, what, 10 more pounds?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	He97047.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	1764241  
    Part-time RC Mechanic
    RDD Raceway Hobby Shop / Madera, CA
    Slot Cars - RC - Models - Toys

EXO Terra | SC10 4x4 | DESC210R | SCX10 Rubicon | SCX10 Honcho | Savage Flux HP | RC10 Graphite | RC10GT2 | Sakura S Zero | Vaterra Kemora | Losi Micro T | ECX Torment | Blade 500 3D | Blade MCPx | Blade QX2 350 (coming soon) | Flyzone Cessna Corvalis | HeliMax 1SQ Vcam | Estes Proto X

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: robg68

I you're putting flea market specials on your $300 car and considering buying a $1000 rc something is wrong.

Two things you never skimp on is brakes and tires.
    flea market specials?
    not every body drives those over priced gigantic SUV's, or high end sports cars that require $150-200 tires...
    Also sometimes you can get some good deals going to the used tire shops like when I blew my one I bought a used tire for $35(mounted) which was a BF goodrich that still had the little pins on it from when it was brand new(I don't shop there often in fact that was the 1st and only time).
    Also I was saying the price of the tire not the fees for disposal, mounting, city wallet reaming fees, etc which will jack it up quite a bit.

As for its powering its a SAVAGE FLUX extended should only weigh a tiny bit more due to the extra length. Same gearing same everything. If you have a savage flux just get the conversion kit from TCS, and presto you have this (but better engineered IMO)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I like that TCS conversion too. Will that make it true 1/5 scale? Meaning, will the 5SC bodies fit over the track width and wheelbase correctly? It seems that even after a conversion it would still be narrow and require the wide axle kit.
    Part-time RC Mechanic
    RDD Raceway Hobby Shop / Madera, CA
    Slot Cars - RC - Models - Toys

EXO Terra | SC10 4x4 | DESC210R | SCX10 Rubicon | SCX10 Honcho | Savage Flux HP | RC10 Graphite | RC10GT2 | Sakura S Zero | Vaterra Kemora | Losi Micro T | ECX Torment | Blade 500 3D | Blade MCPx | Blade QX2 350 (coming soon) | Flyzone Cessna Corvalis | HeliMax 1SQ Vcam | Estes Proto X

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast