Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Lipo puff / batt suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 09:10 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Lipo puff / batt suggestion

ORIGINAL: domizgood

Ok read all this and I lean towards the bigger/powerful the battery the easier the esc and motor have to work.
What's the best batts for a savage flux? stock wheels, esc and motor but have the 25t pinion (coz the grub screw rounded off in the 20t)
What's the best batts for the 20t pinion?
Both set ups for 6s. I've got 2x3s 6000mah 30c or 35c can't remember right now turnagy nano techs. They seem fine and run well with both pinions. What do you think.
actually its the easier time the battery has to do the work
but as for the gearing uhh I'd go smaller pinion personally. I found mine would back flip on slight throttle with an 18t pinion on 4S with the stock tires (trashed my body I spent 7 hours detailing in 15 seconds [:@])
Can't imagine on 6S.
I think currently mines at 14t but I went with larger tires, and only run on 4s.

BTW those batteries according to the calculation are rated somewhere near 180A+ (well 180 is if it's 30C)
Old 04-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Eman77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: acexxxoasis

Anyone use the turnigy nano-tech hi C lipos? They seem cheap but at $ I can afford hard to pass over [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/%5F%5F17269%5F%5FTurnigy%5Fnano%5Ftech%5F5300mah%5 F2S2P%5F50%5F100C%5FHardcase%5FLipo%5FPack.html]This 2s2p[/link] very well priced, but if the pack is garbage don't wanna spend $ on it :-/
I've got a 4s 5000 mAh NanoTech pack I run in my TRF 801xt truggy (1/8). I've only just recently got it, and only run 1 pack's worth through it, but the pack never even got warm for me (2200 kV 4 pole Medusa motor, MMM ESC).

So far so good. [8D]
Old 04-10-2012, 01:51 PM
domizgood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love having all the power of 6s! It demands control of accelerating, braking and over all driving. I've got the esc turned down as low as possible and still can't full speed out of it, even if i take a whole football (soccer) pitch to accelerate the wheels still pop up around 3/4 throttle! I'm sure part of may be to do with not enough down force and the tires expanding but I don't care it's all fun
Old 04-10-2012, 02:29 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SyCo_VeNoM... +1 on everything you said in this thread!

I run 4s-6s in my 1/8 buggy/truggy. There is a noticable difference in battery temps after a run when comparing lower "c" rated batts with higher "c"rated batts. I have some 5000mah 40C batts that don't even feel warm after after a 15 minute run. On the other hand when running 5000mah 20C batts they do get warm after a 15 minute run. The 20C batts don't get too hot but the difference is noticable especially if I run them back to back. I have even noticed a slight difference in power when running them back to back favoring the 40C batts.