Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

brushless motor size question on 4wd slah need HELP PLEASE

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

brushless motor size question on 4wd slah need HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 07:19 PM
mbarrett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brushless motor size question on 4wd slah need HELP PLEASE

i just bought a slash 4wd roller and planned on putting my 2wd brushless set up in it and i was told i cant run it because i need a 550 sized motor for the 4wd and my 540 will over heat in no time. is there anything i can do besides buy a 550 brushless system ? any info wood be awesome.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:42 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: brushless motor size question on 4wd slah need HELP PLEASE

need more info?
what ESC
Motor
volts
gearing
Old 04-22-2012, 09:10 PM
jar20635
My Feedback: (14)

Like Maximus stated you need to provide us with what ESC, motor and batteries you were planning to put in your truck so we can give you advise.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:34 AM
mbarrett

well i was just told i cant used a 540 size brushless motor because of the torque and that is has to be a 550 size
i run 2s lipo pack  and my 2wd system is dtx element 3900kv  but i have another system a hpi 5700 kv flux sprint drift 2 set up.... i was wanting to know if i need to sell my stuff and buy 550 size motor with esc ? or if i can keep my stuff and have plenty of power without over heating and so on .. any help would be great