Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Stampede 4x4 VXL - how is it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 08:10 AM
FUBAR VXL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stampede 4x4 VXL - how is it?

Hey Guys,

I just came across an AMAZING deal for a Stampede 4x4 VXL. The truck is litterally mint, not even a scratch or a spec of dust on the entire truck. I can pick it up for $250 and it includes (2)Lipo batteries and Lipo Quick charger and a ton of RPMupgrades... I think that is a steal.

BUT - here is my question. Is the Stampede a good truck? Ive seen videos of the thing constantly out of control (wheelies and flipping over)...?? Is that true? Is it a pain to keep on the ground? How is it on jumps? Good for a carpet track? Just trying to understand what its good for and what its not good for.

Nothing wrong with a great deal - I just dont want to be frustrated with it cause Im always going over to pick it up and turn it over - thats no fun regardless of how cheap the price is.

Thanks,

FUBAR VXL
Rustler VXL
Slash 4x4 VXL

Old 05-09-2012, 08:17 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stampede 4x4 VXL - how is it?

Being that its a tall monster truck it will not handle corners all that well. I Have not hasd any experience with it, but it is common knowledge. Don;t take that the wrong way. If it has a high center of gravity, most vehicles will not have a good track record. I'm pretty sure it will jump and handle well in the dirt and bumps, but any racing and i'm sure you will have a hard time eeping all wheels planted at the same time. I'm sure it hooks up well thought. If you plan on buying it to race, either spend the money on lowering it or buy something else.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:01 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

only thing that bothered me about my pede 4x4 was that the driveshafts liked to snap often. But this was only really an issue on 3s lipo.

On a 2s lipo pack the driveshafts can still break, but not that often.

Yes, the truck is tippy. But its also capable of going pretty fast on fairly rough terrain.

I liked mine more than I thought I would.

And $250 with lipos and a charger is indeed a good deal.

I recently sold mine (had to, needed cash) for $375 shipped on ebay with 1 lipo battery and only alloy shock caps, proline badlands and a wheely bar as upgrades. OH, I sold it without a radio as well!

I do reccomend a wheely bar! Even on 2s it will be needed.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:02 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

Being that its a tall monster truck it will not handle corners all that well. I Have not hasd any experience with it, but it is common knowledge. Don;t take that the wrong way. If it has a high center of gravity, most vehicles will not have a good track record. I'm pretty sure it will jump and handle well in the dirt and bumps, but any racing and i'm sure you will have a hard time eeping all wheels planted at the same time. I'm sure it hooks up well thought. If you plan on buying it to race, either spend the money on lowering it or buy something else.
you would be surprised actually.
change the tires, and springs, and it can compete on a track
URC they added a wing to one, with truggy tires, and a body put it on the track in the 1/10th scale truggy catagory and if I remember right it came in 1st or 2nd with no real mods.

I have Lightning GT10 ST tires on mine with a center diff and the tires stay planted pretty damn well WAY better than I honestly expected. I did take out all the preloads on the shocks though, but stil it can corner at pretty damn good speed, and I also ditched the wheelie bar(more like never owned it)

I'd grab it at $250 easy