Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Strictly Bashing

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Inferno_Power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strictly Bashing

Lately I've been looking at buying a dependable, strong basher and I'm not interested in a competitive racer... just a tank. The best I've come up with is Redcat's Aftershock 8e desert truck. I'll be jumping ramps and going to the BMX track, kinda like THIS and THIS.

Are there any other bashers that can compare in terms of price and performance/dependability?

Thanks for reading.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:04 AM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Strictly Bashing

Thunder Tiger MT4 G3.  The aftershock doesn't compare.

It's a basher's delight.  Great handling, easy to work on, durable as all get out, cheap parts.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:22 AM
pyromatic177

O boy here we go again with the MT4 G3 LOL, But yeah I would say the E-revo,MT4 G3,Savage Flux are the 3. I just beat the crap outta my E-revo bashing around my yard.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:34 AM
RockstarCK

I recently bought an ECX (Electrix) Ruckus to bash around with. It's dirt cheap, surprisingly quick, and tough as nails. I would most definitely get a T-Bone Racing front bumper for it though!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:48 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RockstarCK

I recently bought an ECX (Electrix) Ruckus to bash around with. It's dirt cheap, surprisingly quick, and tough as nails. I would most definitely get a T-Bone Racing front bumper for it though!
Just curious as to why you would need a T-Bone racing front bumper if the Ruckus is as tough as nails?

Savage Flux all the way maybe.....
Old 05-15-2012, 11:52 AM
LaTuFu

The TBR bumper was the first epic fail part we tried on the MT4.  Not worth the $$ imo. 

They make a great A-Arm and chassis skidplate for the Summit, though.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:58 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 Savage flux
I took my savage x to a BMX track before(I know its nitro but the electric probably would have worked better for its layout) and honestly I thought I would have totaled it from how I landed my jumps(20+ feet in the air), but did no damage (well I crushed a pipe but thats something a Savage flux don't have to worry about ) after repeated bad landings.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:20 PM
RockstarCK

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

ORIGINAL: RockstarCK

Just curious as to why you would need a T-Bone racing front bumper if the Ruckus is as tough as nails?

Savage Flux all the way maybe.....
Just as a precautionary measure. The truck can take a beating, but it's never a bad idea to have a little insurance. The stock bumper is non-existant. TBR products have a life-time guarantee as well, just like RPM. If you want a tough truck and not have to empty your wallet, then give ECX a shot.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Inferno_Power

Thanks for all the suggestions, After researching the ones I'm not too familiar with and the ones I already knew, I'm still leaning towards the Aftershock 8E from Redcat.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:21 AM
LaTuFu

It's not really ideal for what you're planning to do with it, but hey, it's your truck.  You have to be happy with it, not us.

Good luck with your choice, and keep us posted on it!
Old 05-17-2012, 10:40 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Inferno_Power

Thanks for all the suggestions, After researching the ones I'm not too familiar with and the ones I already knew, I'm still leaning towards the Aftershock 8E from Redcat.
Just remember you get what you pay for. Buy cheap and you get cheap..
Old 05-17-2012, 12:08 PM
pyromatic177

Yep i agree with t9. My 1st was an exceed rc and it broke ALL the time!!!. I have an E-revo Brushless and i've driven around 40 times since last break (which was an old servo and i wasn't even the one driving it) and haven't done a thing to it
Old 05-18-2012, 03:43 AM
JSS4

I'll say the Duratrax Evader DT if you can get your hands on one, because it's discontinued. I have one and love it!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TamtU_-ltlg[/youtube]