Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
Durango DEX410V3
0%
Kyosho Lazer ZX5 FS2 SP
3.70%
Associated RC10T4.1 FT
11.11%
Axial EXO Terra Buggy
18.52%
HPI Savage Flux HP
29.63%
HPI Vorza Flux
11.11%
Tamiya TRF502
0%
Paint Fresh Body for B44/B4.1+ Upgrade B4.1
0%
Wait for Durango DEST210R
7.41%
Other(please tell!!!)
18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Which kit or rtr next?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 12:36 PM
cumquat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which kit or rtr next?

whether it's better with all the rpm parts or not doesnt matter. at that point you're approaching what, $800? more? and it's still competing with a bone stock truck with a retail price of $550. better truck outright? possibly. better value for the money? not in the slightest.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:48 PM
pyromatic177

Yeah you're right. I know that's why i said that for the $ the MT4 G3 is much better. But i'm Saying that like in the car world the The e-revo is a tuner whereas the MT4 G3 is like a corvette. The corvette is fast a good handling all by itself. whereas the tuner/ERBE can be very good handling and very fast and durable if you have the $ to do that... Please correct me if i'm wrong
Old 05-24-2012, 06:30 PM
SillyWillie-Buh!
My Feedback: (2)

I think I am in LOVE!!!![X(]
The OFNA LX2E
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJkCsnNFYKs[/youtube]
Old 05-24-2012, 06:34 PM
SillyWillie-Buh!

ESPECIALLY the Inferno VE Race Spec!!!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq5WO2tvCY8[/youtube]
Old 05-24-2012, 07:08 PM
pyromatic177

Yeah if that's the platform you want then those are great. But IMO buggy's are not bashers al all
Old 05-24-2012, 07:49 PM
SillyWillie-Buh!

If I go the 1/8 buggy route, I can do without the t4.1 for a while. It would see nothing but track time so bashing would be out of the question lol.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:56 PM
pyromatic177

ORIGINAL: SillyWillie-Buh!

If I go the 1/8 buggy route, I can do without the t4.1 for a while. It would see nothing but track time so bashing would be out of the question lol.
Well then there you go LOL

Old 05-24-2012, 07:57 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

buggies make great bashers

1/8th scale buggies have the same ground clearance as most 1/10th scale trucks.
My jammin buggy with stock everything had the same ground clearance as my 1/10th scale ST with masher 2ks on it...
Buggies can also take a fair amount of damage(specially the ofnas), way more than most 10th trucks.

Can't see why they aren't bashers
Old 05-24-2012, 08:03 PM
pyromatic177

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

buggies make great bashers

1/8th scale buggies have the same ground clearance as most 1/10th scale trucks.
My jammin buggy with stock everything had the same ground clearance as my 1/10th scale ST with masher 2ks on it...
Buggies can also take a fair amount of damage(specially the ofnas), way more than most 10th trucks.

Can't see why they aren't bashers
I'm not saying they can't. I'm just saying when i think of bashing i think of an MT like the flux, ERBE, MT4 etc...

Old 05-24-2012, 08:25 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I am in LOVE!!!![X(]
The OFNA LX2E
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJkCsnNFYKs[/youtube]
VERY nice rig, you can repair or maintain any part in minutes, based off the 9.5 chassis its incredibly durable. brushless i believe is only $400 RTR and is supposivily one of the fastest 1/8 on the market (and i would say THE toughest)

with badlands or simillar tires, they are great bashers, and actually cut through the grass better than truggies (at least mine anyway with the same type of tires)

I'm a nitro guy when it comes to off-road, but i have a 9.5 which is made by hong-nor just like the LX2 (and most parts are interchangeable) and I love it, I honestly think you can break a anvil with that buggy, and its no lackluster in performance either! if you do front and rear pivot ball suspension conversion, it becomes even more durable and raceable.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:46 PM
SillyWillie-Buh!

Compared to the Inferno which would say is the best buy? The OFNA is obviously the tougher rig, but the Inferno seems more race worthy.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:52 AM
pyromatic177

Compared to the Inferno which would say is the best buy? The OFNA is obviously the tougher rig, but the Inferno seems more race worthy.
I've been looking at the lx2e and it's pretty sweet. But what i'm wondering is can this buggy handle 6s if you put it into it along with a 150A ESC???

Old 05-25-2012, 07:19 AM
Foxy

Yup.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L2TKU62EJE
Old 05-25-2012, 07:28 AM
SillyWillie-Buh!

I literally just watched that before I came here lol.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:00 AM
pyromatic177

Thanks Foxy. And Holy Crap that thing is awesome!!!

Old 05-25-2012, 02:21 PM
The_Shark

don't underestimate OFNA, its cheap, its tough, its fast, and it is race worthy.

If you look close at both the inferno and LX2 the chassis layout is almost identical, OFNA Revolutionized 1/8 buggies with the 9.5, and even today, the LX2 is almost identical to the old 9.5, its a chassis that just works and has no weak spot or blinding performance issues. honestly I wouldn't trade my 9.5 for anything.

speaking of which i just installed some knobby tires and was literally tearing up the grass and had so much grip i could traction roll it! fun!

Ofna is simply a manufacture that sells at a reasonable price point, r/c has a huge markup.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:16 PM
SillyWillie-Buh!

Do you think the Hong-Nor ESC/motor will hold me over until I find an upgrade?
Old 05-25-2012, 03:35 PM
pyromatic177

Do you think the Hong-Nor ESC/motor will hold me over until I find an upgrade?
Is that the one that comes with it? Cause I'm just gonna buy the race roller

Old 05-25-2012, 03:44 PM
SillyWillie-Buh!

Im debating that now too actually, and the reason I am often leaning towards the inferno is because of the Motor and ESC that it comes with stock, Team Orion Vortex 8. I would just upgrade the shocks and put a new servo and be like a happy camper!

EDIT: I forgot OFNA means it when they say 80% Assembled!! I'll probably save myself the headache and go that route.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:59 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

don't underestimate OFNA, its cheap, its tough, its fast, and it is race worthy.

If you look close at both the inferno and LX2 the chassis layout is almost identical, OFNA Revolutionized 1/8 buggies with the 9.5, and even today, the LX2 is almost identical to the old 9.5, its a chassis that just works and has no weak spot or blinding performance issues. honestly I wouldn't trade my 9.5 for anything.

speaking of which i just installed some knobby tires and was literally tearing up the grass and had so much grip i could traction roll it! fun!

Ofna is simply a manufacture that sells at a reasonable price point, r/c has a huge markup
well they are actually a reseller that resells RC's without a huge markup seeing hongnor, and hoboa are the vehicles manufacturers. In a way they are like redcat which just resells HSP. Just ofna got 2 really good manufacturers
Old 05-25-2012, 04:16 PM
The_Shark

Im debating that now too actually, and the reason I am often leaning towards the inferno is because of the Motor and ESC that it comes with stock, Team Orion Vortex 8. I would just upgrade the shocks and put a new servo and be like a happy camper!
the stock system on the OFNA should be plenty, just don't exceed 4s... nitro house claims it has a top speed of 50mph, the esc is 90A and not cheap, to by the ESC alone they charge $180 for it.

don't buy something because of radio equipment brand names, I run generic stuff and have had 0 problems, it's only when i buy top shelf stuff it fails! most companies just slap their name on it like OFNA does.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:10 PM
pyromatic177

the stock system on the OFNA should be plenty, just don't exceed 4s... nitro house claims it has a top speed of 50mph, the esc is 90A and not cheap, to by the ESC alone they charge $180 for it.

don't buy something because of radio equipment brand names, I run generic stuff and have had 0 problems, it's only when i buy top shelf stuff it fails! most companies just slap their name on it like OFNA does.
What do you run Sharky? HobbwWIng?

Old 05-25-2012, 09:28 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: pyromatic177

What do you run Sharky? HobbwWIng?

hobbywing and turnigy esc, flysky radio for everything, and generic servos only for my bashers.

both hobbywing and turnigy make really good stuff, very smooth power delivery, efficient, and tunable, I especially like hobbywing as you can adjust pretty much any setting with the program card.

I don't do 1/8 electric, but im pretty sure the quality is the same.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:33 PM
pyromatic177

Yeah I run the Hobbywing Xerun setup in my e-revo and love it. That's what imma put in the lx2e when I get it
Old 05-25-2012, 09:36 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: pyromatic177

Yeah I run the Hobbywing Xerun setup in my e-revo and love it. That's what imma put in the lx2e when I get it
cool, you going to install a outrunner? thats what im going to do when i eventually get a 1/8 electric.

monster torque, low temps and high efficiency, thats what i do with all my 1/10 stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.