Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Lipo at low voltage

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 05:29 PM
yoyo5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo at low voltage

hey I just went to plug in my 3s lipo into myturnigy accucel 6. And it says battery check and then it says low voltage. So I googled it and supposedly this means that the voltage in on cell is very low and your supposed pu on nihm charge at 0.1 amp for a minute then it's good but I tryed this with it and it hit 3v then started going down so dose any one have any idea on what to do
Old 06-01-2012, 05:33 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lipo at low voltage

Do you balance your lipos?
Old 06-01-2012, 05:49 PM
yoyo5

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Do you balance your lipos?
Yes before I put it away for the winter I did the storage charge

Old 06-05-2012, 10:26 AM
alexcrouse

When my accucell 6 barked "low voltage" at me, i backed down the current, and it worked fine. Turns out, my weak power supply was sagging in voltage under load.

Get yourself a beefier PSU or charge at a lower current!
Old 06-05-2012, 01:00 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: alexcrouse

When my accucell 6 barked ''low voltage'' at me, i backed down the current, and it worked fine. Turns out, my weak power supply was sagging in voltage under load.

Get yourself a beefier PSU or charge at a lower current!
yea I used to have that issue then I got a 12V 47A PSU offa compaq server for $20 and modded it no I can run 5 at full blast, and have no issues
Old 06-05-2012, 01:09 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a charger that plugs right into a wall or a 12volt battery, I wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:38 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

I have a charger that plugs right into a wall or a 12volt battery, I wouldn't have it any other way.
well you can save a substantial amount of cash using the DC only chargers, and an external PSU. Like I got my 2 for $20 each and my 12V power supply for $24 so for around $70 total I got my setup. Buying 2 that could plug straight into the wall would have cost around $90. The bonus with the DC's and a large power supply is say I want a 3rd charger to run at the same time now I'm only spending $20 versus $44-50 per charger so for a 3rd I would have a total of $90 out versus $140ish.

If only getting 1 charger yea the one with the built in AC jack is probably a smarter choice, if looking at multiple chargers DC only with an external PSU are the way to go
Old 06-05-2012, 03:22 PM
yoyo5

It was not a low power supply but it turns out that 2 of the cells where around 2.6v but after charging it in nihm mode until 9v then it charged fine. Now I just need to cycle a few times to hold a charge
Old 06-05-2012, 09:47 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: yoyo5

It was not a low power supply but it turns out that 2 of the cells where around 2.6v but after charging it in nihm mode until 9v then it charged fine. Now I just need to cycle a few times to hold a charge
Ive had to do that a few times, but I charge until they are 3v per cell, then go back to a lipo ballance charge, normly only takes 30sec or so