Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

switching engines

yo
    so ive got this 2 off road cars(electric), however one of them is not in use cause it has a problem with the right front wheel, however, the problem is that the used one got a perfect build but is a bit weak( 6 volt engine), the not used one got
    a 9,6 volt engine, so if i remove the complete backblock with the weak engine and replace it by the strong one, will it just go faster or will the circutboards blow??? the accu is easy to replace they both got a tamiya plug and both accu packs fit in the other car
    plz leave a comment and thnx for reading

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: switching engines

ORIGINAL: OFF-ROAD-ELECTRO-FLASH

yo
    so ive got this 2 off road cars(electric), however one of them is not in use cause it has a problem with the right front wheel, however, the problem is that the used one got a perfect build but is a bit weak( 6 volt engine), the not used one got
    a 9,6 volt engine, so if i remove the complete backblock with the weak engine and replace it by the strong one, will it just go faster or will the circutboards blow??? the accu is easy to replace they both got a tamiya plug and both accu packs fit in the other car

First off, it's called a "motor", not an engine. Secondly, what model do you have? What brand?
    - Hobby Shop Employee
    - ModelKits.com & RcTruckStop.com Staff Writer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

yo

First off, it's called a ''motor'', not an engine. Secondly, what model do you have? What brand?
    judging by the "6 volt" and "9.6 volt", i'm guessing toy grade.
    HELP! IM STUCK ON AN ESCALATOR!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

not worth your time, buy a 1/18 propulse or evader ext-2 and never look back.
    Signature
    (Max. 125 chars. 2 lines max)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah srry for my bad english, im dutch by the way and just 15 years old. its going about a simple artin truck of 9.6 volt and a gear 2 play beach buggy of 6 volt both brushed
    and yes it is just toy quality, but i gotta start somewhere. and i know these things are pretty good if you upgrade them.
    but if its not worth the time then i will look for some better stuff.
    thnx for the tips.
    but why the hate, if you dont got anything helpfull to say, just leave right now. im not calling people retarts cause they spend 1200 euros on a electric rc car as well.
    so why hating me?? i heard this site was losing people cause they get bored cause nothing gets posted, im at least asking pro,s for help.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey You should look and post on this part of the forum. They will provide the info and assistance you need. Sorry you feel like people are bashing your stuff.
    http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_498/tt.htm
    If I had a nickel for every time someone asked if it was gas.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah srry for my bad english, im dutch by the way and just 15 years old. its going about a simple artin truck of 9.6 volt and a gear 2 play beach buggy of 6 volt both brushed
    and yes it is just toy quality, but i gotta start somewhere. and i know these things are pretty good if you upgrade them.
    thnx for the tips.
    but why the hate, if you dont got anything helpfull to say, just leave right now. im not calling people retarts cause they spend 1200 euros on a electric rc car as well.
    so why hating me?? i heard this site was losing people cause they get bored cause nothing gets posted, im at least asking pro,s for help.
    I hope that you didn't find my post offensive. I was simply trying to get some helpful info. Toy grade is fine if that's all you can afford. At one time, that's all I could afford too. Good luck.
    - Hobby Shop Employee

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thnx for the tips.
    Hey Buddy it's retards by the way LOL.And there's no hate here. Just a fact that motors are electric and engines are gas

!!!Bash Like There\'\'s No Repair Bills!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yea you are cool, mein freund, nobody is hating on you here. You should however understand that the toy grade ones are just that: toys. I would drop them and get even just a cheap hobby-grade RC. No need to go big money or full flash, either, especially for your first kit. many companies offer great beginner vehicles for a fraction of the cost you listed. the plus side, as well, is when you run hobby-grade, breakages will not stop you for good, you can just buy replacement parts! I am unsure of your budget, or i would be better able to recommend you a good starter kit.
    Tekno Losi 8ight II Slash 4X4 II HPI Blitz II Associated B4.1 II Losi Mini-T II Custom frame AX10 II Axial G6

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah srry about the haters warning, it was actually to scare off the upcoming haters, thnx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thnx for the tip
    im also a DJ and my amplifier is to weak for my new speakers so first i need to save some money for that, and i just got some goood mixers of my cousin but no software so gotta spare some for that too. but sure i can start saving some money for a rc starting kit.
    and by the way really?? no haters?????? anwesome.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thnx for the tip
    im also a DJ and my amplifier is to weak for my new speakers so first i need to save some money for that, and i just got some goood mixers of my cousin but no software so gotta spare some for that too. but sure i can start saving some money for a rc starting kit.
    and by the way really?? no haters?????? anwesome.
    I understand about having to spend the money on other things first. Once you do get the money, though, there are plenty of beginner based RCs out there for around $120 USD. Take a look at the ECX lineup. There stuff is pretty good for the price. I actually did a review over their Boost.

ECX: http://www.ecxrc.com/
    Review of ECX Boost: http://www.modelkits.com/radio-contr...rc-review.html
    - Hobby Shop Employee

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To OFF-ROAD-ELECTRO-FLASH's defence: here in europe engines and motors are the same, and the same here in Norway: when i say motor to someone here, it can be both combustion and electric driven.

Sorry for going a bit off topic
    Find a job you love, then you won\'\'t have to work for the rest of your life.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i would make a "you drive on the wrong side of the road" joke, but both countries drive on the right (and correct) side of the road
    HELP! IM STUCK ON AN ESCALATOR!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Atleast we have something in common Well, throw it! We can have a laugh at the Brits
    Find a job you love, then you won\'\'t have to work for the rest of your life.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok thnx for the tip, ill take a look at it