Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New here, heres my slash, have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Dubstatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here, heres my slash, have a few questions

So after enjoying my original slash vxl I bough I decided to try and build a more competition based slash

Bought the car for cheap. after finding out the esc was messed up so I bought a castle set up.
here are some pics

the new motor seems to cog out on start up and sometimes while accerating hard. I havent had the truck to the track yet so this is all on dry pavement. its a caslte sidewinder sct and 3800kv motor. its only cogs when I run my normal 8.4v 3000 nihm batteries. When I throw my buddies lipo in there, no issues(20c 2s)

IVe read online that these motors don't like to run on normal nihm batteries so I will have to pick up lipo soon. right now im geared at 83 21.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:52 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Default RE: New here, heres my slash, have a few questions

LiPo would definitely be my first step, and the higher the "C" the better that Castle setup will run. Check out HobbyKing.com, or HobbyPartz.com, they both have great LiPos for cheaper than most places. I run Turnigy 5000mAh, 2s, 30-40C for my Slash 4X4 and I have had zero issues with them! Oh, and I bought the pack for $23, just make sure you use the U.S.A. warehouse to cut down on shipping times, or you will wait a month for them.

Edit: Oh, and put some nerf bars on that thing!!! They will save you a lot of headache in the long run. They put bumpers on the sides of those things for a reason, and they don't really weigh enough to matter, I wouldn't run without em.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:16 AM
thehuntingterminator

Default RE: New here, heres my slash, have a few questions

Nice man. Looks like fun.