Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

switching engines

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 11:15 AM
OFF-ROAD-ELECTRO-FLASH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default switching engines

yo
so ive got this 2 off road cars(electric), however one of them is not in use cause it has a problem with the right front wheel, however, the problem is that the used one got a perfect build but is a bit weak( 6 volt engine), the not used one got
a 9,6 volt engine, so if i remove the complete backblock with the weak engine and replace it by the strong one, will it just go faster or will the circutboards blow??? the accu is easy to replace they both got a tamiya plug and both accu packs fit in the other car
plz leave a comment and thnx for reading

Old 07-09-2012, 02:49 PM
thehuntingterminator

Default RE: switching engines

ORIGINAL: OFF-ROAD-ELECTRO-FLASH

yo
so ive got this 2 off road cars(electric), however one of them is not in use cause it has a problem with the right front wheel, however, the problem is that the used one got a perfect build but is a bit weak( 6 volt engine), the not used one got
a 9,6 volt engine, so if i remove the complete backblock with the weak engine and replace it by the strong one, will it just go faster or will the circutboards blow??? the accu is easy to replace they both got a tamiya plug and both accu packs fit in the other car

First off, it's called a "motor", not an engine. Secondly, what model do you have? What brand?
Old 07-10-2012, 08:48 AM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

yo

First off, it's called a ''motor'', not an engine. Secondly, what model do you have? What brand?
judging by the "6 volt" and "9.6 volt", i'm guessing toy grade.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:57 AM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not worth your time, buy a 1/18 propulse or evader ext-2 and never look back.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:35 AM
OFF-ROAD-ELECTRO-FLASH

yeah srry for my bad english, im dutch by the way and just 15 years old. its going about a simple artin truck of 9.6 volt and a gear 2 play beach buggy of 6 volt both brushed
and yes it is just toy quality, but i gotta start somewhere. and i know these things are pretty good if you upgrade them.
but if its not worth the time then i will look for some better stuff.
thnx for the tips.
but why the hate, if you dont got anything helpfull to say, just leave right now. im not calling people retarts cause they spend 1200 euros on a electric rc car as well.
so why hating me?? i heard this site was losing people cause they get bored cause nothing gets posted, im at least asking pro,s for help.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:36 PM
jk47
My Feedback: (2)

Hey You should look and post on this part of the forum. They will provide the info and assistance you need. Sorry you feel like people are bashing your stuff.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_498/tt.htm
Old 07-12-2012, 05:38 PM
thehuntingterminator

yeah srry for my bad english, im dutch by the way and just 15 years old. its going about a simple artin truck of 9.6 volt and a gear 2 play beach buggy of 6 volt both brushed
and yes it is just toy quality, but i gotta start somewhere. and i know these things are pretty good if you upgrade them.
thnx for the tips.
but why the hate, if you dont got anything helpfull to say, just leave right now. im not calling people retarts cause they spend 1200 euros on a electric rc car as well.
so why hating me?? i heard this site was losing people cause they get bored cause nothing gets posted, im at least asking pro,s for help.
I hope that you didn't find my post offensive. I was simply trying to get some helpful info. Toy grade is fine if that's all you can afford. At one time, that's all I could afford too. Good luck.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:45 PM
pyromatic177

thnx for the tips.
Hey Buddy it's retards by the way LOL.And there's no hate here. Just a fact that motors are electric and engines are gas

Old 07-12-2012, 06:33 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Yea you are cool, mein freund, nobody is hating on you here. You should however understand that the toy grade ones are just that: toys. I would drop them and get even just a cheap hobby-grade RC. No need to go big money or full flash, either, especially for your first kit. many companies offer great beginner vehicles for a fraction of the cost you listed. the plus side, as well, is when you run hobby-grade, breakages will not stop you for good, you can just buy replacement parts! I am unsure of your budget, or i would be better able to recommend you a good starter kit.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:24 AM
OFF-ROAD-ELECTRO-FLASH

yeah srry about the haters warning, it was actually to scare off the upcoming haters, thnx
Old 07-14-2012, 05:30 AM
OFF-ROAD-ELECTRO-FLASH

thnx for the tip
im also a DJ and my amplifier is to weak for my new speakers so first i need to save some money for that, and i just got some goood mixers of my cousin but no software so gotta spare some for that too. but sure i can start saving some money for a rc starting kit.
and by the way really?? no haters?????? anwesome.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:25 AM
thehuntingterminator

thnx for the tip
im also a DJ and my amplifier is to weak for my new speakers so first i need to save some money for that, and i just got some goood mixers of my cousin but no software so gotta spare some for that too. but sure i can start saving some money for a rc starting kit.
and by the way really?? no haters?????? anwesome.
I understand about having to spend the money on other things first. Once you do get the money, though, there are plenty of beginner based RCs out there for around $120 USD. Take a look at the ECX lineup. There stuff is pretty good for the price. I actually did a review over their Boost.

ECX: http://www.ecxrc.com/
Review of ECX Boost: http://www.modelkits.com/radio-contr...rc-review.html
Old 07-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Lars from Norway

To OFF-ROAD-ELECTRO-FLASH's defence: here in europe engines and motors are the same, and the same here in Norway: when i say motor to someone here, it can be both combustion and electric driven.

Sorry for going a bit off topic
Old 07-14-2012, 04:11 PM
cumquat

i would make a "you drive on the wrong side of the road" joke, but both countries drive on the right (and correct) side of the road
Old 07-15-2012, 01:38 PM
Lars from Norway

Atleast we have something in common Well, throw it! We can have a laugh at the Brits
Old 07-17-2012, 10:32 AM
OFF-ROAD-ELECTRO-FLASH

ok thnx for the tip, ill take a look at it