Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Need some help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 06:53 AM
modracerx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help!!

I'm totally newat this and was hoping someone out there could help me. I bought a used short course truck and last night was the first time I tried to use it. Icharged my battery, lipo 2s 4100 35c, and stuck it in. Everything seemed ok for about 2 mins then it just quit. It had no forward or reverse but would still steer. Another guy that was there told me i needed to reset my esc. So i went online and followed the directions. It has a Traxxas brushless motor, not sure which one, and a Traxxa vxl 3 esc. Again, after doing this everything seemed fine, for a few minutes.
Now it will work but then sometimes the esc will beep whenever i try forward or reverse. Iread somewhere about it could possibly be a fail safe in the esc for low voltage, but my charger said it was fully charged???? Then i aklso saw that the voltage may be set too high on the esc and that could be the problem??? I cant for the life of me find how to change that or if I even can?
PLEASE, if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears and Iwould greatly appreciate it!!! If Ididn't give you enough info about the truck or what it was doing, bear with me and I'll do the best I can. Thanks!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 07:29 AM
futureboy1969

Default RE: Need some help!!

Call Traxxas Support..there great..
Old 07-19-2012, 07:30 AM
futureboy1969

sorry here...1 888 872 9927
Old 07-19-2012, 07:39 AM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

Based on the way your truck responded, it sounds like the ESC hit the low voltage cutoff and killed the power to the motor.  Its not unusual for the steering to still work in that situation.

What kind of battery charger are you using (brand name and model number) and how did you determine that the battery is fully charged?
Old 07-20-2012, 06:45 AM
modracerx

Thanks again for the help guys!! The charger I'm using is the Venom model number vnr0657, the red one. Ibelieve it was finished for a couple of reasons. While its charging it shows the amps decreasing as the volts increase to 8.4. and once the amps decrease to 0 it beeps and says....fully charged. I'm sure I could be doing something wrong though. My battery is a Venom 4100 2s lipo as Isaid before. So when i set my charger I set it to lipo, 2cell and 4.1.