Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Brushless Summit= Awesomeness

Old 07-26-2012, 01:58 PM
thehuntingterminator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless Summit= Awesomeness

I just installed my EZrun 150a ESC and my GForce 2200kv 1/8th scale motor. Unbelievable truck now. I mean in stock form it's without a doubt a cool truck, but now it's just crazy. Not only can I now hit 35mph plus without even straining any of my electronics (need different tires to go faster, but this is plenty fast enough for me), but you can pull wheelies on demand and still crawl with zero noticeable cogging. Oh, and I'm using the stock gearing and running it on 4s, by the way. Combo cost me $132 shipped from valuehobby.com, and all I can say is wow. I love my Summit even more now. Let me know what you guys think.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om31836.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	1786221   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75298.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	301.1 KB
ID:	1786222  
Old 07-26-2012, 05:20 PM
powerslider

Default RE: Brushless Summit= Awesomeness

Cool, I've had an RX8 system in one of mine since the beginning and as you know now huge improvement over stock. Boat loads of power but still smooth as silk at crawling around the rough. Have fun with it, I know you will lol.....
Old 07-26-2012, 05:26 PM
thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: powerslider

Cool, I've had an RX8 system in one of mine since the beginning and as you know now huge improvement over stock. Boat loads of power but still smooth as silk at crawling around the rough. Have fun with it, I know you will lol.....
Yeah, its a big power gain from stock, but to be honest, that stock system is one of the better brushed combos I've used. Have you had any problems with breaking driveshafts, spurs, diffs, or any other driveline component? I let me brother drive and he managed to break both rear driveshafts without bashing it at all really (mostly low gear). I honestly think that it was from me bashing it before that, but he will be paying half of the repair bill nonetheless...
Old 07-26-2012, 05:30 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so its now basically a revo with bigger tires, and no wing
Old 07-26-2012, 05:32 PM
thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

In second gear. In first gear, it still crawls just as if it had the stock system because like I said no cogging. All of the benefits of BL with no side-affects, besides maybe costing a pretty penny...
Old 07-26-2012, 06:02 PM
powerslider

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

Cool, I've had an RX8 system in one of mine since the beginning and as you know now huge improvement over stock. Boat loads of power but still smooth as silk at crawling around the rough. Have fun with it,I know you will lol.....
Yeah, its a big power gain from stock, but to be honest, that stock system is one of the better brushed combos I've used. Have you had any problems with breaking driveshafts, spurs, diffs, or any other driveline component? I let me brother drive and he managed to break both rear driveshafts without bashing it at all really (mostly low gear). I honestly think that it was from me bashing it before that, but he will be paying half of the repair bill nonetheless...
Are your supension links in the stock (middle) holes on the A Arms? You don't want the shafts binding at full extension. I have not broke any Summit shafts yet butI have on the E Revo and E maxx but no other problems. Check your slipper adjustment, don't lock it up. This much added power will wear on the driveline if you pound it hard, just keep that in mind but it's worth the risk to me...
Old 07-26-2012, 06:04 PM
thehuntingterminator

Cool, I've had an RX8 system in one of mine since the beginning and as you know now huge improvement over stock. Boat loads of power but still smooth as silk at crawling around the rough. Have fun with it, I know you will lol.....
Are your supension links in the stock (middle) holes on the A Arms? You don't want the shafts binding at full extension. I have not broke any Summit shafts yet but I have on the E Revo and E maxx but no other problems. Check your slipper adjustment, don't lock it up. This much added power will wear on the driveline if you pound it hard, just keep that in mind but it's worth the risk to me...
Yes, they are in the stock holes. And I tried to keep the slipper a little loose, but it started smoking after just 5 minutes due to all of the power causing it to slip! Does anyone make an aftermarket slipper clutch?
Old 07-26-2012, 06:04 PM
powerslider

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Nah your missing some options, locking diffs, 2 speed trans, that great caged body lol
Old 07-26-2012, 06:09 PM
powerslider

Cool, I've had an RX8 system in one of mine since the beginning and as you know now huge improvement over stock. Boat loads of power but still smooth as silk at crawling around the rough. Have fun with it,I know you will lol.....
Are your supension links in the stock (middle) holes on the A Arms? You don't want the shafts binding at full extension. I have not broke any Summit shafts yet butI have on the E Revo and E maxx but no other problems. Check your slipper adjustment, don't lock it up. This much added power will wear on the driveline if you pound it hard, just keep that in mind but it's worth the risk to me...
Yes, they are in the stock holes. And I tried to keep the slipper a little loose, but it started smoking after just 5 minutes due to all of the power causing it to slip! Does anyone make an aftermarket slipper clutch?
Lol I guess it wasn't to tight then,I don't know of an aftermarket slipper. You could install the aluminum pads from the brushless E Maxx but I haven't had an issue with the stock ones you just have to keep them adjusted.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:17 PM
thehuntingterminator

Alright. Thanks for the help. I'm probably gonna just leave it as is for now (besides new driveshafts so it can be driven), because tomorrow I plan on picking up something new. Nothing big, just a small something to mess with when the Summits down.

Are your supension links in the stock (middle) holes on the A Arms? You don't want the shafts binding at full extension. I have not broke any Summit shafts yet but I have on the E Revo and E maxx but no other problems. Check your slipper adjustment, don't lock it up. This much added power will wear on the driveline if you pound it hard, just keep that in mind but it's worth the risk to me...
Lol I guess it wasn't to tight then, I don't know of an aftermarket slipper. You could install the aluminum pads from the brushless E Maxx but I haven't had an issue with the stock ones you just have to keep them adjusted.