Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Iron Track Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Serially

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Iron Track Truggy

The iron track is only 113.67 on nitrorcx and its electric brushed. Who makesnthe evaderor elecrix?
Old 08-16-2012, 05:44 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmm you meant the katana... didn't even notice a 1/10th scale one. I (along with a few others) thought you meant the Zeige

Duratrax makes the evader. They have sold it for ages with minor updates to make it more durable.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXAAMW**&P=ML

Needs a battery, and charger though

Also any RTR you buy will need a charger, and a better battery than they come with. Companies give you the crappiest batteries, and chargers in RTR kits
Old 08-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Serially

Well I got a few questions if you don't mind answering them cause I really want to get started in this hobby seriously. 1st question since I'm looking to start fresh with a new Rc vehicle which route should I got as far as vehicle fyi drift off-road or on road? 2nd question how compatible lenare various off road truck parts as far as chassis goes? 3rd question if I want To be a serious Rc hobbyists is nitrous a better way to start or electric?
Old 08-17-2012, 04:09 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

seeing you are on a budget nitro is definitely not the way to go. Budget nitros generally come with exceptionally poor engines that make the nitro experience seem worst than it is when you run somewhat better gear. Honestly for nitro under $300 isn't going to get much(not counting the cost of nitro which depending where you live could be around $40 a gallon)

As for parts compatibility that varies vehicle to vehicle. Like for example the Ofna SCRT10 shares about 95% of the parts with the OFNA nexx10, and both share approx 80% of the parts with the Ofna Jammin .5 CRT.

Tamiya TT01e (on-road car) can use the differentials out of the Tamiya DF-02.

HPI Wheely king uses the diffs out of the HPI nitro MT1, MT2, and the majority of the RS4 line (outside the 1st nitro, and electric), and that shares pretty much everything but the chassis with the crawler king.

That iron track looks to share parts with a buggy, and a few other himotos which probably inclue a TC (touring car)

The list goes on as I don't know every combination that can be made. Those are only the ones I know off the top of my head (well the himoto is just an educated guess seeing they make like 10 things off every chassis)

As for on-road, drift, and offroad. I stick to offroad mainly. I have one on-road RC, and to make a drift car just get some PVC pipe and put it on the rims of a on-road(or you can use an off-road)
Old 08-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Serially

Well nitrorcx is having a sell on drift cars brushless and alsonsome trucks. I just don't know what route to go as a beginner
Old 08-17-2012, 08:00 PM
pyromatic177

Well what genre Of rc do you like most? Off road, on road, drift, street racing? It's really all up to you
Old 08-17-2012, 09:02 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

even a crappy drift car will hold together well, they are not very fast, don't go through much drive-train stress, and collisions are minor. safest way to go for a off-brand rc in my opinion.