Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Iron Track Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Serially

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iron Track Truggy

I'm about to purchase the new Iron Track Truggy from NitroRCX.com but I knowni will want to change it some after a while and I'm looking for a good place Online to get accessories for like bodies and tires and rims. Also I was wondering if you can put bigger tires on a truggy to give it a different look?
Old 08-15-2012, 04:35 PM
pyromatic177

Default RE: Iron Track Truggy

I wouldn't buy that Truggy. Jang didn't like it that much http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBP36...eature=g-all-u
Old 08-15-2012, 04:37 PM
celica49

You can put bigger tires on it (if you can find wheels that will fix the hub hex) but why? If you want a monster truck, then get a monster truck. As far as a good place to get non model specific parts, youll wanna find a more common truggy that has the same general dimensions, and then you can find aftermarket bodies for it. Wheels and tires if the truggy youre looking at has 17mm hubs, standard truggy wheels will fit.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:04 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the review makes it look very poor. I love how it broke very soon after the durability montage

Personally I'd get a stampede 4x4 or something like that while not as big as that truck, and costs a little more it will be way more durable, and way cheaper in the long run. I've read too many people go with stuff like that as their 1st RC, and end up spending more in parts than the name brand ones, and then get upset, and start saying the hobby sucks

Also that motor is too small for that application that they used. As for putting bigger tires on it hell no. if that motor is getting that hot with what it has bigger tires will trash it

Now if you don't care about if its RTR, or are handy with power tools there ware WAY better recommendations for less.

BTW IMO that truck isn't even a truggy seeing it lacks a center diff its just an over grown Stadium truck.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:23 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

needs way too much to be good.

get a Jammin CRT x1 and make it brushless, you can buy a good roller for $150 or so.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:24 PM
pyromatic177

Yeah i don't even think it made it 15 sec into the durability montage lol. And yeah why wouldn't you put a center diff in a truggy (stupid logic IMO)
Old 08-15-2012, 05:26 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

needs way too much to be good.

get a Jammin CRT x1 and make it brushless, you can buy a good roller for $150 or so.
why I had the power tools mentioned

Not knowing the OP's mechanical background a electric conversion from a used nitro probably isn't the best way to get introduced to RC's
Old 08-15-2012, 05:27 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: pyromatic177

Yeah i don't even think it made it 15 sec into the durability montage lol. And yeah why wouldn't you put a center diff in a truggy (stupid logic IMO)
cause its an extended Stadium truck, and making a center diff would have had more involved than stretching the ST chassis like making a new mount.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Serially

What about the truck or buggy by iron track ? Also what about the 1/18th scale?

Old 08-15-2012, 05:35 PM
pyromatic177

Well the real reason is Cheap company trying to make money on (4-5 i believe) diff cars with almost the exact same chassis. And your right about people buying crappy stuff for there 1st rc, My friend did it. He went out and bought the Exceed (POC) Mad Beast and had nothing but breaks on it EVERY time he drove it. Got so mad with it he almost hated the hobby. But now i hooked him up with a all RPM Merv and he's happy again lol
Old 08-15-2012, 05:37 PM
pyromatic177

ORIGINAL: Serially

What about the truck or buggy by iron track ? Also what about the 1/18th scale?

The buggy and truck have the same chassis as the truggy. So they're all crappy (sorry). Now jang couldn't really break that 1/18 but i still wouldn't go with it.

But that's just me

Old 08-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Serially

So then I need some ideas on a good truck, truggy, or buggy 1/10th scale for a good price not outrageous though
Old 08-15-2012, 06:37 PM
pyromatic177

Ok then i can probly help you with that request 

What do you like more? Monster truck, Truggy, Buggy?
Old 08-15-2012, 07:33 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

like I said for RTR go stampede 4X4 its $409 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXAPUY**&P=ML
and if you want later you can pretty much convert it to any form of RC you want with modifications.
I have mine set up as a truggy with a center diff(cost $30 for the diff) and stadium truck tires. People have set them up as buggies, and other things.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBWUV&P=ML this is also pretty decent and seen a few people on here enjoying the one they got.
Will need a lipo battery, and lipo charger which at minimum will add $80 onto the bill

But I look at it like this ANYTHING you get RTR will need new batteries, and a charger seeing every RTR charger frigging sucks
Old 08-15-2012, 07:59 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBVKX&P=7]THIS HERE[/link] is the way I would go if I where you, tough truck, and very capable of racing, AND you get a $70 charger AND you get a $50 lipo.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:37 PM
pyromatic177

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBWUV&P=ML this is also pretty decent and seen a few people on here enjoying the one they got.
Will need a lipo battery, and lipo charger which at minimum will add $80 onto the bill

But I look at it like this ANYTHING you get RTR will need new batteries, and a charger seeing every RTR charger frigging sucks
Hey now where did you hear that
Old 08-15-2012, 09:18 PM
jar20635
My Feedback: (14)

If you like truggies, I will wait a little and get the HPI Trophy Truggy RTR. With Towerhobbies discounts it will be about $50 more than Iron Track and parts support will be very good.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:12 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: jar20635

If you like truggies, I will wait a little and get the HPI Trophy Truggy RTR. With Towerhobbies discounts it will be about $50 more than Iron Track and parts support will be very good.
the trophy has too many issues IMO to recommend
seen too many unhappy campers on these forums that had it, all had the same issues, and had to pour in literally hundreds of dollars to make it hold together, and it was still a semi sub par vehicle. I remember a few ended up selling them off cause they were so disappointed in it. Issues it had from my memory: Dogbones were weak, axles weren't 17mm hex's so no truggy rims fit, weak drive chain, and quite a few other things I can't remember.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:19 AM
pyromatic177

Yeah i haven't heard any really good things about the trophy truggy either []
Old 08-16-2012, 06:30 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Its a shame HPI has went so far downhill releasing some extremely sub par RC's just to fill in voids they had in their lineup. They used to have a pretty good solid lineup till recent
Old 08-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Serially

What's a good Rc truck or truggy for around the same price of the iron track on nitrorcx
Old 08-16-2012, 02:15 PM
midnightbasher

I have the 1/10 irontrack brushed tanto buggy. I know everybody thinks people can just blow 300-400 bucks on a toy but most people just cant. All the research i have done sounds like most rc trucks will brake. EVERY brand. And for people saying buy a traxxas i just dont get. They are no better than the cheapy cars. Most of them need mods to be good and the brushed motors are crap. As for the iron track. We have beat the CRAP out of the buggy and have not broke one thing. Sure the electronics are not the best but that can be upgraded cheaply. I just cant see anything being any more durable than what this buggy has done for us. I did upgrade the motor and changed pinion the pinion but that was cheap to do. So far after MANY cartwheels, nosedives, telephone poles and my exvceed infinitive bashing into it no brakes whatsoever. (And sorry if i offended anyone but these are TOYS).
Old 08-16-2012, 02:47 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: midnightbasher

I have the 1/10 irontrack brushed tanto buggy. I know everybody thinks people can just blow 300-400 bucks on a toy but most people just cant. All the research i have done sounds like most rc trucks will brake. EVERY brand. And for people saying buy a traxxas i just dont get. They are no better than the cheapy cars. Most of them need mods to be good and the brushed motors are crap. As for the iron track. We have beat the CRAP out of the buggy and have not broke one thing. Sure the electronics are not the best but that can be upgraded cheaply. I just cant see anything being any more durable than what this buggy has done for us. I did upgrade the motor and changed pinion the pinion but that was cheap to do. So far after MANY cartwheels, nosedives, telephone poles and my exvceed infinitive bashing into it no brakes whatsoever. (And sorry if i offended anyone but these are TOYS) .
seeing the thing IS $350 he OBVIOUSLY has $300-$400 to spend...

Only reason I said the traxxas was for RTR, brushless, a decent reputation, and readily available parts for when something breaks.

The OFNA LX2E RTR for $350 is another solid recommendation(and better IMO than the traxxas I recommended) they have proven durability, and honestly can take a royal beating. Only things it needs is a charger, and 4S batteries.

As for durability I'm basing it on video reviews from a guy that puts every RC through the same tests, and records it. Lets face it the one in question failed bad hell it was breaking parts before it got into the durability montage. Big name RC's have failed it too I won't say but the Himito, and Exceeds(same thing different box) from what I seen usually blow it or don't even make it.

Agree everything breaks eventually, but how long it will last before a break, availability of parts, and cost of parts are factors too. Personally if it was my only RC I'd sure as hell not want an RC that you have to get parts for from only one place, and hope they have them in stock. I've done the low parts support RC thing as my 1st, and honestly it sucks.

And on the electronics ok starting at $350, what are we adding another $100 to make it function properly? so instead of buying a RC from a brands that have proven durability, warranties, and don't need any modifications out of the box you would suggest a cheaper RC that needs work...

I don't want to bash you or your opinion on the vehicle, but what is in the truck he was looking at is substandard. They stretched a 1/10th buggy, and flew over sized rims on it with poor electronics.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:06 PM
Serially

First thing I don't have $350 to spend ihave bills and and a family this strickly a beginner Rc truck for me to just get started in the hobby. I mean that is why its a hobby you will have breakage and money spent to repair so you can understand the workings of Rc vehicles and become an expert. So eventually I will spend the big bucks but right now I just want a beginner truck to get started with that is not expensive but
Old 08-16-2012, 04:55 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Serially

First thing I don't have $350 to spend ihave bills and and a family this strickly a beginner Rc truck for me to just get started in the hobby. I mean that is why its a hobby you will have breakage and money spent to repair so you can understand the workings of Rc vehicles and become an expert. So eventually I will spend the big bucks but right now I just want a beginner truck to get started with that is not expensive but
Sorry for assuming that was your budget, but why did you ask about a $350 RC then if you can't spend that much?

now if you want budget get a electrix or evader those are 2wd but under $150

or if 4wd there is the tamiya DF-02 at $120 kit it will need a radio, battery, charger, and either a BEC or different ESC. $5 in home made parts can make it preform pretty decently.

Or there are the 1/16ths you can get a decent setup for under $150, but be warned they can't do as much as 1/10th or up. (just stay away from the HPI Recon that thing is an overpriced turd on wheels)

As for the breakage problem is if you get a cheap brand it might seem like a savings, but you will have spent more in parts,and shipping in usually a pretty narrow time frame than the more durable RC's would cost that might not have broken 1/10th the times.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.