Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Team Associated B4.1 Brushless RTR

Does anyone have one of these? I just scooped one up cheap off ebay to go run indoors this winter. I was wondering what the hot upgrades are for this little buggy? This is my 1st 1/10 buggy so I am kinda lost as to what I need to do to it.
    Kyosho Inferno Neo Race Spec, and Inferno Ve Race Spec.

RE: Team Associated B4.1 Brushless RTR

In stock form it's competitive for club level racing. You'll have to adjust suspension geometry, shock oil, springs and tires according to your local conditions. I will say that the stock setup according to the instructions is a good starting point and works well in many situations. The only upgrades I might consider are the bleeder shock caps and ball bearings for the steering rack. If the car doesn't have the front aluminum hinge pin brace then Ihighly recommend that too.
    Part-time RC Mechanic
    RDD Raceway Hobby Shop / Madera, CA
    Slot Cars - RC - Models - Toys

EXO Terra | SC10 4x4 | DESC210R | SCX10 Rubicon | SCX10 Honcho | Savage Flux HP | RC10 Graphite | RC10GT2 | Sakura S Zero | Vaterra Kemora | Losi Micro T | ECX Torment | Blade 500 3D | Blade MCPx | Blade QX2 350 (coming soon) | Flyzone Cessna Corvalis | HeliMax 1SQ Vcam | Estes Proto X

Thanks. I am hoping to just have some fun over the winter before the outdoor/nitro season kicks back in haha. Anyone else have any good tips?

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not really, I'm a Losi 22 owner myself, but basically same deal. Practice, practice, practice. 2wd buggies are very accurate and sensitive to changes. Make sure you have the right motor and gearing for the track, and the right tires. Apart from that, they are so light, nothing needs upgrading for durability's sake (within reason), so upgrade if you break. It's one of the best things about the class, the cars are cheap and ready to go racing straight away, as a completely plastic car can still be competitive.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

I am getting pretty excited about this little buggy. Should be a blast to run. I gotta get more info on the track that I am gonna be running at, although I did find some videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-OpK...=ULp-OpK0CxFhk

Definitely going to go with some super soft tires to get that bad boy to go where I want it.

Damn, that's a tight track. Ours has lots of turns but the width stays pretty consistent. Clay surface, right? Look for clay compound tires; Barcodes, Suburbs and Rebars are good choices.
    Part-time RC Mechanic

EXO Terra | SC10 4x4 | DESC210R | SCX10 Rubicon | SCX10 Honcho | Savage Flux HP | RC10 Graphite | RC10GT2 | Sakura S Zero | Vaterra Kemora | Losi Micro T | ECX Torment | Blade 500 3D | Blade MCPx | Blade QX2 350 (coming soon) | Flyzone Cessna Corvalis | HeliMax 1SQ Vcam | Estes Proto X

How much different are clay and super soft tires? Id like to have one set of tires that can do it all if possible.

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The only way to do tires is to ask at the track. Nobody who does not run at your track can tell you what tires work there.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

A clay tire is firmer than a typical off-road tire. The idea is that the firm treads can dig into the relatively soft clay to create traction. It's sort of a reverse concept compared to typical soft tire / firm dirt racing that most of us are used to. Check at your local track to see what other drivers are using. If nothing else, head over there on a practice day and run your car as is to see what it does. That way you have a point of reference to see what changes, if any, you need to make.
    Part-time RC Mechanic