Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Team Associated B4.1 Brushless RTR

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 09:03 PM
celica49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team Associated B4.1 Brushless RTR

Does anyone have one of these? I just scooped one up cheap off ebay to go run indoors this winter. I was wondering what the hot upgrades are for this little buggy? This is my 1st 1/10 buggy so I am kinda lost as to what I need to do to it.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:52 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Team Associated B4.1 Brushless RTR

In stock form it's competitive for club level racing. You'll have to adjust suspension geometry, shock oil, springs and tires according to your local conditions. I will say that the stock setup according to the instructions is a good starting point and works well in many situations. The only upgrades I might consider are the bleeder shock caps and ball bearings for the steering rack. If the car doesn't have the front aluminum hinge pin brace then Ihighly recommend that too.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:49 PM
celica49

Thanks. I am hoping to just have some fun over the winter before the outdoor/nitro season kicks back in haha. Anyone else have any good tips?
Old 09-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not really, I'm a Losi 22 owner myself, but basically same deal. Practice, practice, practice. 2wd buggies are very accurate and sensitive to changes. Make sure you have the right motor and gearing for the track, and the right tires. Apart from that, they are so light, nothing needs upgrading for durability's sake (within reason), so upgrade if you break. It's one of the best things about the class, the cars are cheap and ready to go racing straight away, as a completely plastic car can still be competitive.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:55 AM
celica49

I am getting pretty excited about this little buggy. Should be a blast to run. I gotta get more info on the track that I am gonna be running at, although I did find some videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-OpK...=ULp-OpK0CxFhk

Definitely going to go with some super soft tires to get that bad boy to go where I want it.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:16 AM
BKoz559

Damn, that's a tight track. Ours has lots of turns but the width stays pretty consistent. Clay surface, right? Look for clay compound tires; Barcodes, Suburbs and Rebars are good choices.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:35 PM
celica49

How much different are clay and super soft tires? Id like to have one set of tires that can do it all if possible.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only way to do tires is to ask at the track. Nobody who does not run at your track can tell you what tires work there.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:59 PM
BKoz559

A clay tire is firmer than a typical off-road tire. The idea is that the firm treads can dig into the relatively soft clay to create traction. It's sort of a reverse concept compared to typical soft tire / firm dirt racing that most of us are used to. Check at your local track to see what other drivers are using. If nothing else, head over there on a practice day and run your car as is to see what it does. That way you have a point of reference to see what changes, if any, you need to make.