Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Losi XXX-SCT Tire Recommend.please

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 09:22 AM
ckmerc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi XXX-SCT Tire Recommend.please

I have a 1/10 2wd Losi XXX-SCT truggie that I purchased recently. Ido a fair amount of driving on the road with this truck. Looking for a recommendation regarding road wheels that would work with this truck vs. the stock off road wheels. Please let me know..thanks!!

Old 09-05-2012, 12:39 PM
geo950

Default RE: Losi XXX-SCT Tire Recommend.please

I'm looking for the exact same thing for my Slash, which is also a 1/10 SC. Glad you asked, you beat me to it.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[link=http://www.prolineracing.com/street-fighter/]Proline Street Fighters[/link] for pure on road use.

[link=http://www.prolineracing.com/short-course-desert-truck-tires-trencher]Proline Trenchers[/link] for a mix of off and on road.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:18 PM
ckmerc

Thanks however can you recommend a set for my xxxsct losi that has the rims and tires all together? Really would rather buy all in one tires vs gluing them on rims. Please let me know...again, many thanks!
Old 07-12-2017, 06:15 AM
EEman

As a beginner, how do you know what tires will fit each car? I too have a Losi XXX-SCT and would like a rougher terrain tire.
Thanks,
Old 07-12-2017, 02:39 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

A normal SC tire will fit on a 2.2"/3.0" wheel. Where ever you shop, you should be able to narrow down selection to short course tires.

I personally love medium compound Pro-Line Badlands for the rear and Pro-Line Gladiators for the front. A great combo to make dirt fly. I tried the Gladiators on the rear and they started to wear faster than what I expected. Wider tread patteren, like Pro-Line's Trencher, are great at first, but then quickly wore down and I lost lateral traction in corners while using them on both the front and rear.

Lots of choices out there. Soft compound, medium compound...you choose the amount of wear/traction you want.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:51 PM
RustyUs

Hopefully someone will show up and can shed a little light on proper wheels that won't put your SCT out of wack with offsets. That is of course if you chose to use something other than stock wheels. Not all wheels are the same.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:09 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fortunately for you, that Losi is one of the more common, so you should have no trouble finding a wheel and tire combo for it. Google is your friend. As far as I know, all SCT wheels are created equal, so to speak. (Am I wrong here guys?) I don't think there is any difference in offset between makes, is there? You can get pre-glued wheel/tire combos from ProLine, AKA, and JConcepts.

Personally, I like ProLine Calibers for my SCT. I drive on hard dirt with a dusty surface, and I get the best grip and wear out of them. Way better than the Gladiators. And when the track gets moist, so much the better. The Calibers like that too.

Last edited by EXT2Rob; 07-13-2017 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:54 PM
RustyUs

Backspacing/offset on SC wheels can differ a lot. So much so that keeping the tires within body wheel wells is sometimes a problem, and then put platform in the "not legal" category if racing. Putting on a set of knobby tires, and on the wrong rims, can make for a loud upsetting body chatter as you go off trying your new rubber. Hopefully the wrong wheels you used were beadlocks, and you don't have to deal with ungluing . I would only buy SC wheels from sites that give backspacing/offset specs, or specify platform they work on.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:23 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

from what i understand anything from or for a Slash, Slash 4x4, SC10 or a TEN-scte should fit.

maybe double check that with Prolineracing.com
Old 07-19-2017, 11:22 AM
The Saylors

pro line definitely makes all of the above tires pre mounted on pretty decent rims for about $35 a set (a set is two tires and two rims). https://www.amazon.com/ProLine-11821....2+pre+mounted I know that on the slash for sure that all of their pre done 2.2/3.0 sets will fit but i would advise you trim the back fenders down a bit for the dirt tires. As the body ages the plastic will get more and more flimsy resulting in a lot of rubbing when the tires are at high speed as well as tire diameter inflation. (soft dirt tires grow 10-20% or so at 45+ mph due to stretching, this effect is far less on street tires since they are harder). I run the street fighters and badlands on the premounted rims and am quite happy with them both sets when they are on their prescribed type of terrain. The trenchers are ok grip wise but i always seem to tear them so i quit using them. I have never had a really bad offset issue with any of them. I know this isn't a perfect answer but i thought i would share my experience.