Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

VORZA 35T spur

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Mod Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VORZA 35T spur

Hi, does this spur gear kit can be good on my Vorza , Spur 35T ,Pinion 25
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/DIY-Upgrade-D...item27cae33584
can some one help me ...
Old 09-10-2012, 04:26 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: VORZA 35T spur

According to the ebay listing it will fit....but.... it will overheat your motor/esc and most likely your battery if you run it for extended periods of time. What battery are you running in it? 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s? You will see a masive speed increase if you are still running stock gearing but if you run for more than just a couple minutes your system will get very, hot very fast. Heat is your enemy! Heat will shorten the life of you brushless system and if you try to run for more than a few minutes with that gearing it will overheat causing exsesive damage rendering you car USELESS! If you run for more than a few minutes, put away the remote and get out the steaks. Your Vorza just turned into a BBQ!

So, will it work???? Yeah, it will work...for a few minutes.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:03 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven;t done the numbers, but I reckon that gearing on 6S is good for 100mph. Is that what you are aiming for? If so, great, but the car will not be useful for anything else except speed runs, and only once or twice up and down before you'll need to give the electrics a rest.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:25 AM
Mod Boy

Thanks Guy's , I'm going to put 22T pinion Gear  instead of 25T , it could be reduce load [8D]
Old 09-11-2012, 08:28 AM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Vorza comes with the HPI branded Castle electronics right? If that has the HPI equivilanet of the Mamba Monster 2200 syteme. My experience is you can safely gear it to run about 60-65 MPH in a 1/8 buggy without having to worry about temps. There are ofcourse variables such as drag and weight that will variy between different buggies. But if you gear it to run about 60mph you should be fine. (this is geared to run on 6s)
Old 09-14-2012, 05:14 PM
thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: yakfish

The Vorza comes with the HPI branded Castle electronics right? If that has the HPI equivilanet of the Mamba Monster 2200 syteme. My experience is you can safely gear it to run about 60-65 MPH in a 1/8 buggy without having to worry about temps. There are ofcourse variables such as drag and weight that will variy between different buggies. But if you gear it to run about 60mph you should be fine. (this is geared to run on 6s)
The Vorza comes with a rebranded Mamba Monster combo, so yes. I wouldn't say, though, that you won't have to worry about temps with the 60-65mph setup. The Vorza is suppose to be pretty heavy and on 6s that's a lot of load on that 120a ESC especially with high gearing. I would gear it to run around 50-55mph and just have fun with it. Like someone else said, if you gear it super high and you do hit 90mph, that's cool, but you're also gonna overheat everything within 2-3 minutes. Won't be very fun for long, IMO.