Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tires/Wheels for Old Stampede, Advice

It's time to get new tires and rims for my old stampede. What's my alternative as far as inexpensive off-road sets. I understand that in the old pede the rims are different in the front and the rear. Is there a kit that allows the use of the same rims all around?
    Life is too short, use full rates...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Tires/Wheels for Old Stampede, Advice

ORIGINAL: murcielago

It's time to get new tires and rims for my old stampede. What's my alternative as far as inexpensive off-road sets. I understand that in the old pede the rims are different in the front and the rear. Is there a kit that allows the use of the same rims all around?
    They are different in that they use 2.8 size wheels and tires instead of 2.2 like the older ones. They use the same hex size and offset, though, so a new set of stampede tires and wheels should fit no problem. I believe that they changed them to make them lighter weight. I know the old pede tires are thick and heavy.
    God bless America

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Tires/Wheels for Old Stampede, Advice

I put my stock slash rims/tires on my stampede & really like it. I have the chevy ck pickup body & it really gives it a more scale look. I think my batteries last longer too with the smaller & lighter tires.