Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Axial Exo wheel/tires question

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 08:04 AM
aknitroguy
My Feedback: (82)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axial Exo wheel/tires question

Hi, I just bought a Axial exo terra buggy, Castle mmp, 3800kv 1410-1Y motor and a vanquish motor mount. I was wondering if the wheel/tires from a trx slash 4x4 will work on it? I wanted to get a set of street fighters mounted on renegade rims for running on the street in front of my house and need to know if the slash 4x4's will fit it. If anyone knows, please enlighten me.
Thanks in advance,
Jay
Old 09-25-2012, 08:08 AM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Axial Exo wheel/tires question

The EXO uses 12mm hex's to mount the wheels. This means any standard SC wheel will mount up just fine. The only "weird" thing about the EXO is that it's front wheels/tires are a narrow which are proprietary to this model. If I get around to it, I'm going to mount some Pressure Points or 3Ds on SC rims so Ican race at the local club.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:33 AM
aknitroguy

ORIGINAL: BKoz559

The EXO uses 12mm hex's to mount the wheels. This means any standard SC wheel will mount up just fine. The only ''weird'' thing about the EXO is that it's front wheels/tires are a narrow which are proprietary to this model. If I get around to it, I'm going to mount some Pressure Points or 3Ds on SC rims so I can race at the local club.
I know they are both 12mm hex, Just wondered if there are any clearance problems or anything along those lines. Axial states (in the product description) that the narrow fronts are for a scale buggy appearance. I think I will give it a try. Thanks for your input, much appreciated, Jay
Old 09-25-2012, 10:13 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I follow what you're asking. There won't be clearance issues because even though the front wheels are narrower, they still mount on the same "outter plane" if that makes sense. The suspension arms are equal length, front to rear, so any SC rim with hexes will mount. Axial narrowed the front by trimming from the inside of the wheel. From the outside or the face of the wheel, everything is flush.

If you wanted to confirm for yourself, just mount the rear wheels on the front and see if there are clearance problems.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:27 PM
aknitroguy

ORIGINAL: BKoz559

I follow what you're asking. There won't be clearance issues because even though the front wheels are narrower, they still mount on the same ''outter plane'' if that makes sense. The suspension arms are equal length, front to rear, so any SC rim with hexes will mount. Axial narrowed the front by trimming from the inside of the wheel. From the outside or the face of the wheel, everything is flush.

If you wanted to confirm for yourself, just mount the rear wheels on the front and see if there are clearance problems.
Thank you BKoz559 That is an exellent idea. I don't know why it didn't occur to me to try that. It fits fine, no issues so I can order the street tires. You are correct, all the difference is on the outside. clearance is the same on the inside. Thanks again and have a good one, Jay