Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Which Brushless system Monster Beetle?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 07:01 PM
marlcidlosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Brushless system Monster Beetle?

I am looking at picking up a Monster Beetle....I am a little afraid with the speed (This truck is old)...So I want to upgrade to a Brushless system. I don't know anything about brushless and pricing...which set up with batteries would be best?
Old 10-02-2012, 06:57 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Which Brushless system Monster Beetle?

Well, THAT'S a wide-open question!  I'm a little confused tho....  You want to go brushless, but afraid of the speed cuz the car is old?  If the car is old, can you still get parts for it?  If not, why do you want to buy it?  Not sure what a "monster beetle" is.  DuraTrax makes a nice little baja beetle......  Can you elaborate on what your plans are?
Old 10-02-2012, 07:59 AM
joeseif

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I would use a reedy system from Team Associated 7040 SC10 Brushless XP SC450 BL ESC & Reedy 3300 Motor Set. I would use a 2S lipo with 15-20C rating. That should give you good pick-up and not too much power. Then if you want to use it later in something else that needs speed you can toss in a 3S and your good to go. I have used this system in a rustler and I use it now in a stampede. The moster Beetle is better off brushed however because the tranny might not handle the torque. research tranny gears and drive shafts and see if they are made in metal or if they are available at all. IF you take it EZ you could be ok, but that's harder then it sounds.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:20 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A 15-20C rating?  Nah, you'd want at least a 25-30C rating. At least if the driver is going to be driving it at speed.  My little 35A ESCs suck enough current to heat up my 25C batts. Thinking I should get some 40Cs.