Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Advantage of Hex Rims on my B4.1

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 05:55 AM
jruleon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advantage of Hex Rims on my B4.1

I recentlly bought some front rims for my b4.1 rtr brushless car and realized when they got here they were actually the hex type of front rims. Before I exchange them I thought I would ask a few questions first. 1 - what is the advantage of having hex type rims verse the standard type & second what is involved in setting up my car to accept the hex rims - ie parts needed and where i might get those parts. Id appreciate your input on this. I'm still trying to learn all i can about the car and the differnet set-ups that are avaialble for it.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:06 AM
DieHarder

Default RE: Advantage of Hex Rims on my B4.1

Simple either go to your local hobby shop (lhs) and ask them for a set of hex wheel adapters. They set right on the current drive pins you have now. I don't  think there are any advantages to the hex over pin. pin might be a little better, because it's more direct drive, but it's really just about the same. There are alot of vehicles out there runnning hex, so that shows something. If you don't have an lhs around, you can get them here from tower hobbies. Tower Hobbies is a trust worthy site.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBNFV&P=7
Old 10-06-2012, 08:03 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The other advantage is more choices of wheels.  I think hex would be better on driven wheels. Less chance of stripping.  But really they're both about the same. It's a personal choice.  Anyone else have an opinion?
Old 10-06-2012, 08:23 AM
OvalRacer99

I set my B4 up for hex wheels both front and rear because we run them on a carpet oval in the winter and it lets me run touring car foam tires.
The set up in the front requires replacing the front spindle and steering block with an inboard hub kit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Line-Fro...item416a63493e