Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

build me a traxxas slash pls to bet my friends

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 07:45 PM
sharpshot85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default build me a traxxas slash pls to bet my friends

first ever post!!! short story im new to all this but my friends know all this stuff and i gotta catch up, I want the 4x4 slash it cost like $550 but it want it to be a basher, i want it to smoke on the track but mob over rough trerian like rubble, small bushes, rough tough dirt, big deap bumps, dips. etc,, i want little more power, more protection on the truck, A big thing is ground clearance, i want it atleast an inch half higher with wider arrms, bettter shocks. my brother has 1/8 nitro truggy that just mobs over everything and i love that power and capabiitly. my friends stock 4x4 slash flips to much, gets stuck, just lacks overall mobbin capabiity. My plan is to by the stock 4x4 slash that costs around $550 (i dont know the whole name sry, still very new). and build it up fromm there, wether its engines shocks, batteriesetc.
my bugget is like 800 to 1000 so lemme know give me all you input thanks guys
Old 10-12-2012, 08:11 PM
sharpshot85

Default RE: build me a traxxas slash pls to bet my friends

btw i like Rpm parts, jus saying and alll my frinds say to get castle motor
Old 10-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sharpshot85

first ever post!!! short story im new to all this but my friends know all this stuff and i gotta catch up, I want the 4x4 slash it cost like $550 but it want it to be a basher, i want it to smoke on the track but mob over rough trerian like rubble, small bushes, rough tough dirt, big deap bumps, dips. etc,, i want little more power, more protection on the truck, A big thing is ground clearance, i want it atleast an inch half higher with wider arrms, bettter shocks. my brother has 1/8 nitro truggy that just mobs over everything and i love that power and capabiitly. my friends stock 4x4 slash flips to much, gets stuck, just lacks overall mobbin capabiity. My plan is to by the stock 4x4 slash that costs around $550 (i dont know the whole name sry, still very new). and build it up fromm there, wether its engines shocks, batteriesetc.
my bugget is like 800 to 1000 so lemme know give me all you input thanks guys
Hi and welcome to RC Universe!

After reading your post and seeing that you have a very generous budget of 800-1000, I won't recommend you get a slash 4x4. There are many better stuff available for the price and you will never be able to get a slash 4x4 up to the level of a 1/8 truggy.

Since you have the dough, I would suggest you get a 1/8 scale buggy or truggy. These are the pinnicle of land rc, nothing comes close IMO. They are the most durable, fastest and they are pretty big.

Do you prefer nitro or electric?

Does it have to be Ready to Run or do you mind building a kit to get a better product?(stock electronics are not usually great)

What do you mean by smoke on the track? Did you mean you want it to be good at racing and at the same time ground clearance to tackle rough terrain? If this is true, I recommend a 1/8 truggy as they are great racers and can handle tough terrain. You can also put monster truck tires on 1/8 truggies if you want monster truck ride height.

I purchases a Thunder Tiger MT4 as it is a 1/8 truggy with Monster Truck sized tires. Never has got stuck in terrain and has lots of power. I will recommend a stronger steering servo though, its ready to run and requires batteries and charger.

The Truck $550
Upgrade Servo $80
Charger $50
Batteries $60

That is around $740 and you have up to 260 for more batteries and upgrades if you wish, and this truck is very tough and with a tire change, add a wing and truggy shell and you have a truggy.

Hope this helps

Old 10-13-2012, 12:35 AM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With a budget of $1000 you should forget about the Slash. You need a brushless truggy! It will do everything you want and then some. It will leave your buddies wondering what hit them! There aren't many rtr truggies that come brushless. Most of the better ones start out as nitro kits that need to be converted. But you can get into something very nice for the amount you are wanting to spend. Take a look at the Losi 8ight_t, the AE RC 8T, Mugen MBX6T, Tamiya trf 801T ect. There are others I'm missing but this will point you in the right direction. Check out RCMonster.com. He sells conversion kit for most if not all of these vehicles. You are going to need to get either a mamba monster 2200 brushless motor/ speed control combo or a Tekin RX8 combo in the 1800 to 2200Kv range.. Plus some 6s lipo batteries and a charger for them.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:56 AM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What truggy does your brother have?
Old 10-13-2012, 01:08 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Welcome to the forums.

ORIGINAL: sharpshot85

just lacks overall mobbin capabiity.
LOL
Old 10-13-2012, 01:39 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Yea, take it from someone who owns both a Slash 4X4 AND a 1/8 buggy. Forget the Slash. Buy yourself a Losi 8ight 2.0, get it in electric as I sense an air of inexperience on your end, and elec will be easier than nitro. Actually, hell, for $1k you can snatch up a PAIR of better-than-Slash OFNA buggies and still have some change left for a few upgrades.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:35 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

as others say forget the slash no matter how much you throw into it the drive chain will still remain its weak point (the sliders to the axles)
if you like your brothers truggy get a truggy

main reason I say this you say your friends rolls over if you jack it up an inch higher it will roll over more due to the higher center of gravity

If you want an RC of similar size just get a 1/8th scale buggy.

If you REALLY want a short course truck there are better options

As for RPM they only make parts for things that NEED it, or there is money to be made due to a calling for better parts than available stock. Which is why the ofna's and some of the others have few aftermarket parts available for them by outside companies.

But for your budget you can probably get 2 pretty decent RC's one to bash with, and one to race more so with.

And like FahrtAutoRC I've owned a slash 4X4 (made it a stampede 4X4) I also own buggies,and truggies. Like I said due to what I read in your post I would say get a truggy