Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My Gens Ace LiPos

I have a half dozen 4000mah Gens Ace LiPos. They're all about 2 years old now. Iused to run every single day, so Igot into the habit of keeping them charged, ready to go. But lately, I haven't been running as often. When new, they would charge up to (according my charger) about 3800mah. But lately, they only seem to charge up to about 3000, or less! Is this because I've been leaving them charged? Or are they just beginning to show their age?
    Just a schmoe....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: My Gens Ace LiPos

I think it is the latter that causes a decrease in capacity. It's just age/time. Mine do that over time and I almost NEVER leave mine charged. Leaving them charged is also a bad thing though and the consensus seems to be that that makes for increased IR and puffiness. You may have noticed that they are less powerful/punchy than a new pack. If you haven't noticed that over time it is because it is a slow process. If you got a hold of a new pack you may be surprised at how much more power it has.

ps. Maybe it's time to retire these packs to a less severe application.
    and airplanes were in

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: EXT2Rob

I have a half dozen 4000mah Gens Ace LiPos. They're all about 2 years old now.Ā* IĀ*used to run every single day, so IĀ*got into the habit of keeping them charged, ready to go.Ā* But lately, I haven't been running as often.Ā* When new, they would charge up to (according my charger) about 3800mah.Ā* But lately, they only seem to charge up to about 3000, or less!Ā* Is this because I've been leaving them charged?Ā* Or are they just beginning to show their age? Ā*
    I'm afraid your going to have to replace all of them. If you run them like that they will explode and cause serious injury to anyone within a half mile radius. You should send them all to me for proper disposal!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

does your charger have a discharge option? run them up to full charge, then discharge them- see what your charger tells you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'll have to look that up....I think it has that feature, but not sure...been a long time since I've seen the user manual.
    What rate should I discharge them?
    Just a schmoe....