Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

HPI Savage Flux XS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 07:57 AM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Savage Flux XS?

Hey, thinking about getting a Savage Flux XS, and was wondering how they handled. I've seen them do standing backflips on youtube. Looks like if your running 2S you'd need a wheelie bar. Do they sell them? Also, are they really waterproof? Like could I driven it through a creek, wash it off with the hose, let it dry, put another battery in it, and it'd run like it did before I took it through the creek? I've never owned a monster truck, how do they handle? Are they top heavy? I was also concerned about how low the chassis looks in pictures. Seems like it'd bottom out alot off-roading. Can I get an extended chassis or and aluminum chassis? I looks a little short, and that's why I ask about the extended chassis. Do they flip easily at high speeds? Any answers will be greatly appreciated. (Even if you don't own one)

Old 10-30-2012, 10:19 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Default RE: HPI Savage Flux XS?

The electronics are waterproof but there is extra maintenance involved if you want to get it wet.

There's a whole thread on them [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10681583/tm.htm]here[/link]. I'm sure the users of that thread will be able to answer your questions in more detail.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:57 AM
spena

Default RE: HPI Savage Flux XS?

You also may want to upgrade the weak servo with traxxas waterproof servvo and if you areplanning on getting it wet its best to spray wd40 on the screws and other parts so the when you washed it off at the end of the run, the nasty stuff gets off easy.

xs bottoms out easy with stock shocks, I have powerstrokes on mine and its holding its own. And extended chassis or and aluminum chassis have not been released afaik