Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Dynamite Rukkus Monster Truck.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:01 PM
ElectricGuy007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynamite Rukkus Monster Truck.

I was thinking about getting one for bashing. I know they are reliable since parts are common.
They are very cheap compared to the Stampede or others and the parts quality is just as good if not better.
I saw one today at the LHS and I was very curious.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:07 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Dynamite Rukkus Monster Truck.

thought it was ECX that did the ruckus?

anyways the reviews I saw show the ECX's durability to be quite good probably better than the pedes and at a good chunk less of cost.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:30 PM
ElectricGuy007

I do know it's got way more ground clearance than my Blackfoot Extreme does,
I really like the big soft tires it comes with too. At around $99-$129 for a Ready to Run you cant really go wrong for the price.
Heck the speed control and motor isnt bad either, you can run a Lipo on it.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:22 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had one.
not only is it cheaper than the stampede, it handles better. Its based on the same chassis as the SCT truck, and it leans nicely into the turns.

Not a better RTR brushed truck for the money. I would consider upgrading the AM radio (unless you get the 2.4ghz version) to a flysky radio from hobbypartz.com.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:39 PM
ElectricGuy007

I looked it up on horizons reviews and the tranny can handle brushless power. But the driveshafts cant, so right away traxxas driveshafts fit.
The plastic turnbuckles also need to be replaced so I will be replacing those as well.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:17 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: ElectricGuy007

I looked it up on horizons reviews and the tranny can handle brushless power. But the driveshafts cant, so right away traxxas driveshafts fit.
The plastic turnbuckles also need to be replaced so I will be replacing those as well.
stock tranny can handle brushless if the slipper clutch is set right. If too tight, it will strip the gears. But metal gear upgrade is availible.

The plastic camber links are OK. metal turnbuckles are better, but the stock ones hold up well enough.

the traxxas shafts can be used. I have the boost right now and its been upgraded to brushless. I havent had to replace the driveshafts...but then they are shorter on the boost and turning smaller tires.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:49 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like for it to be a good truck u need to spend another $100 to make it realiable?