Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How To Build Indoor Off Road Track

Hi again :-)

Looking for info this time on building an indoor off road track for 1/16 scale slashes.

I am looking for info on type of earth to use how deep it should be and general maintainance of such a track if you can help.

Also was wondering if the dampness from the soil being indoors will cause any problems re dampness?

Have looked on Google but not to much info

Thanks for all the help so far

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: How To Build Indoor Off Road Track

While there is a wealth of knowledge available from the members of RCU, not many actual track owners and such are present. Even guys who only race, such as myself, usually seem to have little knowledge on this subject aside from how to create sick layouts and labor a track into existence. I've personally run on everything from clay/"normal"dirt to carpet, and they all seem to have their ups and downs. I would suggest checking out www.hobbytalk.com, the forums there have a section dedicated to local tracks, and the owners host their own threads for their tracks, and TONS of info can be acquired from here. Best of luck!

Tekno Losi 8ight II Slash 4X4 II HPI Blitz II Associated B4.1 II Losi Mini-T II Custom frame AX10 II Axial G6

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: How To Build Indoor Off Road Track

Thats great will take a look now

Thanks