Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Which of these two ST?

Old 11-13-2012, 08:36 PM
Scottypiper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which of these two ST?

Okay...I've eliminated the Rustler from my possibilities....now I'm down to the T4.1 RTR and the e Firestorm Flux RTR. They are within a couple dollars of each other...only $7 difference however the T4.1 comes with a 3000mAh Wolfpack battery and charger now.

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products.../ascc7037.html - comes with a lipo now

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBBBW - bummer...should have ordered this earlier...it was a few bucks cheaper and it was in stock....no longer...not until mid Dec. That's depressing.

It looks like Tower Hobbies increased the prices of everything....Rustlers are up $5...so are the Firestorms...etc. Nothing like jacking up the prices just prior to BlackFriday.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:28 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Default RE: Which of these two ST?

What are your intentions? The AE t4.1 would make a more competent racer than the HPI, IMO, and the HPI would be better suited to bashing. Not saying wither one is worlds and worlds better at one or the other, but respectively that is where I think they stand.

One thing to consider is are you going to be ordering more parts online, or skipping the shipping wait times and going to a LHS? I would honestly pick one or the other based on what my LHS sells more parts for, as they are both very competent in their class.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:57 AM
Scottypiper

My intentions are to do about 90-95% of my time just cruising around on trails, fine gravel roads, baseball fields and probably around the drive way. I may want to race every now and then....but not on a normal basis due to time constraints and the fact of paying to practice...getting enough practice in...more upgrades...etc. Competitions are timely and can be costly....so I probably won't be going down that road... That is why I'm leaning towards a basher but one that might be decent in a competition if I want it to be. That is the problem I guess....the Rustler and the Firestorm are on the basher side....the T4.1 is on the racing side. Is the T4.1 a decent basher? If it can't take any punishment then it might not be a good choice....but then again - i don't plan on having it fly 10 feet into the air either...I'd be taking good care of it...that doesn't mean it won't crash or anything....but I'm not going to be "beating" it up to see what it can take....
Old 11-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Ttowntoolman

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXAPPLBG&P=7 Have you considered this truck? There is a brushless version down the page a bit. This is the old associated T-3 truck from what I have been informed of. When the two companies merged, this was relesed under the thunder tiger brand. I have a T-3 and have beat the hell out of it, and raced it successfully. Love the old T-3 and I think it was a better truck than the T-4, (personal preference). Good luck making your choice!
Old 11-15-2012, 01:33 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Yes, make your own choice, but remember, brands like Thunder Tiger are "budget" brands for a reason
Old 11-18-2012, 06:30 AM
ElectricGuy007

Firestorm is a good choice. The firestorm would be better for bashing, and the T4 for racing.
Ive raced a Firestorm against T4's and I usually would get beat by them.