Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Speed from a class restricted TLO1 ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 08:33 PM
ThE ViRuS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed from a class restricted TLO1 ???

Hi all,..Noob here !

I'm from Cape Town South Africa, so expect my situation to differ ! We're permanently a year behind !!

I recently joined a RC Club, and am now racing "competitively" in what we here call the "Outta the Box" class. We are restricted to saloon bodies, 1500ma batts, a stock Johnson motor, 1450 grams(1.45 kg's total car weight with bat !) and Best BV33C tyres.

The only hop-ups allowed are steel dog bones, ball bearings, speed tuned gears (Black plastic), ESC, oil shocks (Once again the plastic variety, not carbon fibre) and adjustable camber turnbuckles.

We are allowed to "modify" any original TLO1 parts to gain as much speed/handling as possible, as long as these are original parts !

I've had all the gears machined so that they effectively present as little friction as possible. the drive shaft has also been trimmed. The sealed bearings have been opened, washed and oiled with a thin bearing oil. I've bushed the chassie and relevant arms to remove the notorious Tamiya wobble !

Are there any people out there that have any further helpfull info ? I'm standing third in the championship, and I just don't have a freekin clue how the top two still seem to pull half a lap on me after 5 mins !

All input appreciated,...

Thanks
Old 09-15-2003, 01:22 PM
ThE ViRuS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Speed from a class restricted TLO1 ???

Sheesh,...no-one ????