Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Traxxas Slash Castle/Black Mamba stopped moving

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 07:38 PM
jdamato

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Slash Castle/Black Mamba stopped moving

I need help as Im stuck. My slash is currently set up with a castle creations black mamba setup. I was at the local indoor track recently and after about 1/2 hour of bashing the truck stopped responding to the throttle only. Steering still works. Thoughts ???
Old 12-12-2012, 05:40 AM
KID_EVIL!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Traxxas Slash Castle/Black Mamba stopped moving

Would it be possable that your esc puked on you?? Contact castle they were pretty good with me. I dunked my in a puddle and and fried my esc. emailed and sent it in (forgetting to mention the puddle) and they sent me a new one.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:10 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And how long did it take them to respond and send you a new one?  I got NO help from them when mine crapped out.
I agree, sounds like the ESC took a dump.  I think Castle needs to do a little re-engineering on their electronics.  They put out way to much RF noise, and the ESCs seem to have a tendency to crap out.  They should be looking at the failure points when people send in their dead units, to determine where the weak link is, and beef it up.  Especially since they charge a premium.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:48 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jdamato

I need help as Im stuck. My slash is currently set up with a castle creations black mamba setup. I was at the local indoor track recently and after about 1/2 hour of bashing the truck stopped responding to the throttle only. Steering still works. Thoughts ???
Sounds like your battery is low.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:55 PM
jdamato

Battery is fully charged. I even tried another battery and had the same results. The steering is working. The lights on the ESC are blinking as designed. No smell of burning but the car is difficult to roll by hand. Ill be pulling the motor and ESC next and sending them back to Castle for evaluation and repair if needed. I also ordered a new Spektrum radio. I lost the link more than once with the Traxxas.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:29 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

blinking, as in, one color for forward and another for reverse?  That is, it appears that the ESC is receiving commands from the RX and is trying to respond, but the motor doesn't go?   It could be the motor, but it could still be the ESC.  If you plan to send the system back to Castle, you better do it NOW.  After Christmas, they'll be slammed for months.

If I were you, I'd send the Castle system back for repair, and go buy a Hobbywing system to put in your car.  Then, sell the Castle system on eBay when it comes back.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:44 PM
jdamato

Im beginning to lean that way. Now which model is comparable to the Mamba Max Pro with a Castle 3800kv motor ?

Old 12-16-2012, 06:41 AM
KID_EVIL!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

extrob......It took a couple months and a couple emails in between... But they did come through.

jdamato ezrun has a sct system. I have seen it run and is very comparable to the castle sct system. On 3 cell it was 'kinda' to much for the track. I think it is about the same price to.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:28 AM
JJay03

If castle doesnt replace it look into a viper esc. They are waterproof and have tons of tuning options and they come with a nice programmer that is the size of a credit card.