Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Need Help. . New to rc hobby.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 12:12 AM
adam911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help. . New to rc hobby.

hi everyone.
last weekend i went to my friend and i saw him driving a rc toy. then i decided to get into this hobby. so i am here now, and i don't know which one will be best for me. can someone help me.
Adam
Old 01-30-2013, 01:12 AM
lone_wheeler

Default RE: Need Help. . New to rc hobby.

What surfaces do you plan to run on?
What is your maximum budget?
Do you plan on racing in future?
Old 01-30-2013, 01:53 AM
adam911

I want to drive a electric car in £150 and don't decide yet for a race.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:21 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is just about the best thing that you can get in that budget. Bear in mind you will need batteries and a charger as well...it will allow you to do light off road use and of course it will run great in the street. This is a very fast car, I think you'll be very pleased. Ask about the cheapest available 'lipo' batteries and chargers, as the older technology 'nimh' batteries will not give you as good speed or runtime as 'lipo'. A decent lipo battery will run this car at about 40mph for a good 20 minutes. Your mileage may vary of course.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/ansmann-...products/39324
Old 01-30-2013, 06:54 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Foxy

This is just about the best thing that you can get in that budget. Bear in mind you will need batteries and a charger as well...it will allow you to do light off road use and of course it will run great in the street. This is a very fast car, I think you'll be very pleased. Ask about the cheapest available 'lipo' batteries and chargers, as the older technology 'nimh' batteries will not give you as good speed or runtime as 'lipo'. A decent lipo battery will run this car at about 40mph for a good 20 minutes. Your mileage may vary of course.

what does that translate into in US dollars? That seems like an awsome price for a 2.4ghz/brushless buggy. Tho it didnt have pics of the chassis it looks like a simple and effective layout
Old 01-30-2013, 07:02 AM
gajos

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/ansmann-racing-mad-monkey-brushless-rtr/rc-car-products/39324&CID=USD
There you go with $$ price - you have currency button on top menu.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:54 AM
adam911

Thanksfor the help. my friend suggest me to buy this http://www.********.se/eidolon-1-18-...gy-2-4ghz.html . from an online site named ********. it seems good to me what you say. ........
Old 01-31-2013, 01:57 AM
adam911

should i order it or not
Old 01-31-2013, 02:38 AM
Foxy

I wouldn't... 1/18th is very small, it will fit in the palm of your hand and you will be very limited where you can run it. The other car I suggested will be stronger, faster, bigger, more versatile, better in every way.

The Ansmann brand is a German company which orders their models from China, just like all manufacturers these days, where Ansmann adds good value is in speccing good electronics and doing QA testing on the models before final boxing.

******** are not known for good quality cars. I still recommend the Ansmann.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:40 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

what does that translate into in US dollars? That seems like an awsome price for a 2.4ghz/brushless buggy. Tho it didnt have pics of the chassis it looks like a simple and effective layout
They're good little cars. Quality is a tiny touch above HSP imo, chassis layouts are what you'd expect.

109 sterling = $172

By the way, the W5 radio and the stock servo are also uncommonly good for RTR equipment.