Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

xl5?

Old 02-17-2013, 03:22 PM
trx1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xl5?

I have a 4wd slash and want to know if a xl5 will work in it?
Old 02-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: xl5?

XL5 what? The motor-setup? If so, it will work, yes. Install it and drive it like you stole it.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:58 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes it will work, but more than likely not very long as the slash 4X4 is a pretty damn heavy vehicle that taxes most 1/10th electronics. I'd actually give it 1-2 minutes before it would go POOF, and let out the magic smoke that makes ESC's move.
I had to install 1/8th brushless in mine to keep the motor from overheating(and made it a pede 4X4 while I was at it ) as the 1/10th scale BL setup was ready to thermal after a few minutes
Old 02-17-2013, 04:11 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

xl-5 esc wont work with the stock vxl motor.

the xl-5 esc and motor will work, but as syco said...not for long. I think the esc will be ok, but the motor will burn up.

The only kind of brushed setup that would work would be a evx2 with a 775 motor....but then a 775 motor wont fit in the slash 4x4.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:54 AM
Salinas Hawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Yes it will work, but more than likely not very long as the slash 4X4 is a pretty damn heavy vehicle that taxes most 1/10th electronics. I'd actually give it 1-2 minutes before it would go POOF, and let out the magic smoke that makes ESC's move.
e

Bwaaahhh hahahaaaaa!!! "Magic Smoke" Hhaaaa heeeeheeheehee.