Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

e revo mm

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 05:39 PM
mussalini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e revo mm

hi evrybody I'm new to this so please bare with me I have a few questions if anybody with knowledge of these questions would love to hesr ur opion I'm very opened minded to all... please help I have a eveo mamba I'm runing 6s with 8spoke beadlock rims with big joes 40 series.. I been snalping the drive shaft rear and left I belave do to heavier wheels am I doing somethung wrong with stock setup jus adding those rims and tires does this happen often or shoukd I down size tires or use 4s with this setup or is it onoy good for loose soft dirt ..I know the mamba is powerful and maybe its jus my drivng aggressive at times dunno is anyone ther lol

Old 02-19-2013, 08:38 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: e revo mm

PHWEEEW!!  6s is pretty extreme, dude.  Especially for something with PLASTIC drive shafts.  (How are you even fitting a battery that big in there?)  Either back down to 4s or gear down.  If the Mamba combo yer running is one of the 4-pole motors (big torque) that's likely contributing to the broken shafts too.  I've never understood why, on vehicles that are so large and heavy, that they use plastic drive shafts. I know they're lighter than aluminum, but dang, if you have to use plastic, you better dang well make them outta something that isn't gonna snap from all the torque required.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:07 PM
mussalini

Thanx for reply rob..  as for batteries perfext fit they fit firm not tight tunigy make one that fit without chaging batt cpartmnt..but yea was thinking 4s I change my punch from zero to 30 and gonna play with throttle also .. because I like big joes jus need to figure out how to run without snappimg ..so I going to 4s and change punch do u think ill be able to run those big joes with a lil throttle adjistments so its not as torky... I vought some 3.8x a lil smaller but I think the beadlock look and they handle well for the oversize .. what do you think anybody ill hate to have some good rims and tires jus sitting
Old 02-19-2013, 02:34 PM
EXT2Rob

Eh...give it a try.  The change in punch may indeed help lower the instantaneous torque and lessen the load on those plastic splines in those drive shafts.  But maybe better would be to gear down a little. 
Old 02-19-2013, 04:51 PM
mussalini

gearing stock is 18 pin I think .. like a 17 0r 16 u think ... the additonal sput that comes in box is that for offroad or on raod only
Old 02-20-2013, 08:57 AM
EXT2Rob

Dunno.   I don't know Slashes that well.  If the spare spur gear is smaller than the stock, then you want to use the larger one. Larger spur, or smaller pinion will gear down.  Smaller spur will gear it up.  You want to go down a pinion tooth or two, or up a spur gear or two.