Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

twinhammers, I want this! Vaterra RC New Brand!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 02:08 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default twinhammers, I want this! Vaterra RC New Brand!

just saw this on you tube.
Independant front, 4 link rear, 2speed crawler/offroad buggy. Sweet.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwG7LYoKEP8[/youtube]

big squid has a tad more info on it:
http://www.bigsquidrc.com/vaterra-rc...ock-racer-rtr/
Old 01-30-2013, 06:36 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Default RE: twinhammers, I want this! Vaterra RC New Brand!

Oh, anyone heard of the brand?
Vaterra RC
http://www.vaterrarc.com/
Old 01-30-2013, 06:51 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

seems their repairs go through horizon hobby
that hing according to horizon is gonna be $400

did they make a new brand again?
Old 01-31-2013, 05:41 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

seems their repairs go through horizon hobby
that hing according to horizon is gonna be $400

did they make a new brand again?
the spec list on the twin hammer shows "losi race claws" as the tires.
A couple of the models on the site are already out but most are soon to be released.
400 bucks seems a good price. Right around a axial wraith price.
It will come with a spektrum DX3E and a 2s 2000mah lipo battery.

To me, it looks like a cross between the exo and the wraith.

With the stock brushed system its probly OK. But with a brushless system and the 2 speed trans I bet it will be a very capable rig.

If this thing were out, and I had 400 to spend, Id have a hard time choosing between the wraith and this truck!

Another one is a 1/8 buggy they have coming out soon. The Glamis Uno (again, wierd name)
It is very B5 looking, is waterproof/brushless, spektrum radio, and what they call a "viscous torque vectoring" diff. Pic below.

I hadnt heard of this company or any of its stuff till yesturday. But I gotta say it looks like they are well packaged, each with some features that set them apart from other models. Even their 1/10 onroad car (fairly standard shaft driven 4wd) comes with waterproof gear. I cant think of another RTR onroad that comes waterproof (traxxas 1/16 only)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13807.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	1846395   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96002.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	1846396   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx63003.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	1846397   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cw64131.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	1846398   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gr93677.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	1846399  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:37 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own and Wraith and it is a blast to drive, I also own the EXO but haven't driven it since I finished building it 8 months ago. But this does look like a cross between the Wraith and EXO and for I don't think it is worth $400 with a brushed setup, maybe if it was brushless I could see maybe $400. But I do like the fact it has a 2-speed, I wonder how it will hold up with a brushless setup.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:11 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

I own and Wraith and it is a blast to drive, I also own the EXO but haven't driven it since I finished building it 8 months ago. But this does look like a cross between the Wraith and EXO and for I don't think it is worth $400 with a brushed setup, maybe if it was brushless I could see maybe $400. But I do like the fact it has a 2-speed, I wonder how it will hold up with a brushless setup.
why not worth $400? Thats about what the wraith costs, and its brushed. And this has a spektrum 3ch radio.

Info on the site claims its brushless ready. As with anything new, only time will tell.

And just to add, comes with a locked rear diff and gear diff up front.

I think it may do 65% of the crawling a stock wraith can do, but be faster due to the top speed and handle decent as well. Its a nice cross, all-around basher if you ask me.

This new company has a nice lineup coming out. Most isnt as impressive as the twin hammer, but each has some aspect with stands out.

Seems like many models are aiming at the $400 mark lately.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:15 AM
t9dragon

My Wraith was the kit version and was about $300. I personally like them either in kit or ARTR where you add your own electronics.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:39 AM
Johnnysplits

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That twin hammers is cool as hell!! I might even try the '69 camaro.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:41 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

My Wraith was the kit version and was about $300. I personally like them either in kit or ARTR where you add your own electronics.
A kit version of the twin hammers would be awsome. I dont mind that the RTR is brushed, but they used a tazer 12t. no drag break or other crawler specific stuff there.

I did just notice the front suspension setup, simillar to a revo.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10001.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	1846485  
Old 02-04-2013, 10:24 AM
KENDOG689

This is a pretty cool looking car.I will watch this to see how the durability is,something rtr is nice.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:43 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Neat, a "Wraitho!"

As far as new brands go, it looks like Horizon did a better job here than Arrma did with their lineup. These caught my attention like a hot chick in a tight mini-dress walking past you. You snap your head to peek but then do a double take to get a closer look because you realized just how hot the goods were. The Arrmas are like a homely woman sitting by herself in the back of the bus. Not really an attention grabber.

I'm interested to learn more about this "torque vectoring" differential. The name suggests that it's an active device and can therefore vary the torque bias left or right. However, Ikinda doubt it does that so it's really a limited-slip differential with passive clutch plates to provide a set amount of slip.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:09 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Darn it, I just blew my money I had on computer parts...... I want the Twinhammers more!
Old 02-22-2013, 05:17 PM
crazy nick
My Feedback: (29)

Saw one at the lhs last night. Man does this thing look really cool except for the tiny 2200 battery.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:14 AM
Salinas Hawk

Pretty Killer man! I'm not sure though. Can somebody tell me why I would even want two speeds?

Here is a video about how to shift.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTEyMDI3OTAw.html

Uh... is this good or bad?
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTE0MDc4NTgw.html
Old 02-23-2013, 08:52 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: Salinas Hawk

Pretty Killer man! I'm not sure though. Can somebody tell me why I would even want two speeds?

Here is a video about how to shift.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTEyMDI3OTAw.html

Uh... is this good or bad?
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTE0MDc4NTgw.html
2 speeds is easy...if you look at the model for what it is. It is NOT a rock crawler. But it CAN crawler on rocks...LOL. It is NOT a speed demon....but it WILL do 20-25mph. And this is due in part to the 2 speed trans. It gives you enough low end torque for some moderate rock crawling, as well as the gearing needed for some good speed and rooster tails.

As for the crawling vid, thats not bad for the type of model. Note that rock crawlers have locked diffs. The Twin Hammers has a locked rear...but open front. The tires are also too stiff for real rock crawling. And while the stock motor with 2 speed trans affords decent low speed torque, its still not as torque as a rock crawler would be.

The thing that will make this model awsome is the potiential it has with upgrades. Softer tires, locking the front diff, different shocks and either a higher turn motor or a brushless system will make it far more capable on the rocks.
And the opposite can be true, brushless system with offroad tires can make it a sweet and fast offroad buggy.

The only part that concerns me (hobby shop buy who bought one mentioned this) the rear axle is a 3 peice unit!!! Why they didnt use a 2 piece like on a axial is beyond me. 3 piece axles (the few that are out there) are known to be weak were the 2 outside parts bolt to the main diff case.
But, even if it does turn out the be an issue, its possible someone will just offer a full metal axle case.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:14 AM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner
The only part that concerns me (hobby shop buy who bought one mentioned this) the rear axle is a 3 peice unit!!! Why they didnt use a 2 piece like on a axial is beyond me. 3 piece axles (the few that are out there) are known to be weak were the 2 outside parts bolt to the main diff case.
But, even if it does turn out the be an issue, its possible someone will just offer a full metal axle case.
I didn't realize this. The shop owner where I work ordered one and all 3 of the touring cars, new Camaro, 60s Camaro (his favorite) and the GTR. I saw one out of the box at another shop and the first thing Inoticed is that it's smaller than I anticipated. It's smaller than a Wraith and an EXO. It's really shares it's dimensions with a SCX10. When it arrives I'll see if he'll let me open the box so I can set it side by side next to a SC truck or my EXO.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:20 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: BKoz559

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner
I didn't realize this. The shop owner where I work ordered one and all 3 of the touring cars, new Camaro, 60s Camaro (his favorite) and the GTR. I saw one out of the box at another shop and the first thing I noticed is that it's smaller than I anticipated. It's smaller than a Wraith and an EXO. It's really shares it's dimensions with a SCX10. When it arrives I'll see if he'll let me open the box so I can set it side by side next to a SC truck or my EXO.
I figured it would be about the size as a SCX10. That brushed motor on a 2s lipo (included) witha 2speed couldnt push a larger model.

Jang did a open boxing of it. He noted the front shocks were not full, the battery is small (2000mah) but also showed it has decent articulation, good tires (for an RTR) and that the gear is waterproof.

This video shows what its supposed to model:
[youtubehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5ETOoZT54A][/youtube]

here is the 1st good running vid I found:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6OXlHaJOak[/youtube]

basically this is a truck that can do some pretty rough offroading, but that can also throw up some good rooster tails.
And if you upgrade to brushless, it could be a speed machine as well. My guess is the stock setup allows for 20mph top speed. Not fast, but fast for something that can get over some pretty rought terrain.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:35 AM
t9dragon

Here is a pic that was posted on RcCrawler.com

Old 02-26-2013, 01:52 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

gotta admit, that is smaller than I thought. Its not even the wheel base of the dingo....just shy of 11.5''

Tires look narrow. Hopefully regular 1.9's will still look good on it.

With that size, its top speed with the brushed setup might be quicker than I had thought.