Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

L connector plugs for lipos?

Old 02-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Hwa224

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L connector plugs for lipos?

Hi. I recently purchased 2 lipos that come with detachable plugs and wires. Like so:

Problem is, those wires that plug into the battery are very stiff and stick straight up, which means I can't put a shell back on properly on the buggy that I'm runnning (DB01).

Is there a wire set with L connectors that would plug into that battery?

Of course I could probably cut and solder something but I'd rather not.

BTW, this forum's software code is atrocious. I can't see the image I posted up, etc, and no preview.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:50 AM
sparky 25

Default RE: L connector plugs for lipos?

You looking for something like this?

http://www.tqracing.com/TQ_2600_800x600.jpg

http://www.tqracing.com/balance_&_power_cables.htm
Old 02-25-2013, 11:56 AM
Hwa224

Haha. That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for.

You da man. Thank you.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:58 AM
Hwa224

On second view, it's almost what I'm looking for. The L connection is there but I'm not sure if those bullets on it will plug in vs the bananna type plugs....
Old 02-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Johnnysplits

ORIGINAL: Hwa224

Hi. I recently purchased 2 lipos that come with detachable plugs and wires. Like so:

Those are charge cables. You don't run the car off of them. Solder on a set of solid bullet connectors straight to the esc power cables.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:44 PM
sparky 25

ORIGINAL: Johnnysplits

ORIGINAL: Hwa224

[img][/img]

Those are charge cables. You don't run the car off of them. Solder on a set of solid bullet connectors straight to the esc power cables.

What?
You do run the esc from the cables shown in the pics,

@ Hwa224 4mm bulled connectors will fit the same as 4mm banana connectors,
Probably be even tighter fitting than bananas so less chance of popping out.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:41 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Johnnysplits

Dont think I would call them charge wires lol, deffinatly not with 12 gauge wire. I would say there are just wires, u can use them to charge or connect to a dean plug on the ESC
Good idea if all ur batteries are like that, but if u are still running batteries with connectors maby not such a great idea.

there is nothing speical with that wire and connector, why not resolder them with a right angle?
all u need to do, is cut the connectors off. strip the end of the wire, bend the tip of the wire at a right angle. then tin the tip of the wire ensuring it holds the right angleshape.
see my bet the problem is the wire is to stiff from solder where its been soldered so it wont bend over.

U can buy right angle bananna connectors, but they look bulky and look like they would be very easy to short because they are no insulated

Old 02-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Hwa224

ORIGINAL: sparky 25
@ Hwa224 4mm bulled connectors will fit the same as 4mm banana connectors,
Probably be even tighter fitting than bananas so less chance of popping out.

I will try the plug out then. Better still is that TQ Racing ship pretty darn fast. So it's all good.

Thanks again.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:59 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

watch out for some sellers they sell banana connectors as bullet connectors, it seems like a very loose word.

in general the bullet has a bigger mating surface area, so in theroy would have a less resistance. dont know if its mesureable or noticable on a rc car & a standard multimeter.

The bullet connectors would be more prone to seizing, poping out and wearing out compared to a banana connectors IMO (could be wrong)
because the banana connector is essentially spring loaded, so its got spring pressure holding it in and as the bananas weare out from pluging and unpluging the spring (bananas) fill that void untill they are so worn there is no spring tension...hope this makes sence