Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Venom v550 in stampede 2wd good or bad?

Old 03-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Swihart88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venom v550 in stampede 2wd good or bad?

Im thinking about putting the v550 esc motor combo in my stampede does any one know anything about this combo if its good or bad? Or will work good in a stampede? I want something that is water proof seeing how the rest of the truck is water proof. Im going to be running a venom 5000 mah 35c 3cell batt so i guess im just looking for some options that are reliable and beast thx guys
Old 03-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Venom v550 in stampede 2wd good or bad?

I've not owned a Stampede, so cant really help from that perspective, but I will say that is a lot of motor for any rwd truck.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:50 AM
Swihart88

Ya i had that velineon that went up in smoke earlier i looked at the lhs and they want 124 for just the esc so i was thinkn maby go with a diff set up that i can get motor and esc for about 150
Old 03-04-2013, 10:53 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Swihart88

Ya i had that velineon that went up in smoke earlier i looked at the lhs and they want 124 for just the esc so i was thinkn maby go with a diff set up that i can get motor and esc for about 150
nothing wrong with that ESC.
You could get away with a cheaper ESC, like a Ezrun 60amp tho. Plenty of juice for the vxl motor.
Even the ezrun 80a esc might cost a bit less.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would link you a nice cheap combo from hobbypartz but everything's out of stock.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:31 PM
JoeMaxx

I purchased a Venom AMP 80 3500KVonce last winter and after my experience with this motor and ESC setup it died after about 10 runs so I would not recommend them to anyone. They have since rebranded the one I bought under Atomic R/C I do not recomend them after my experience. You can do better on a 2 WD with a Duratrax branded Castle Creations combo such as the

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAZUP

I own 2 of them now and they are inexpensive and will run great in a 2WD but they are not water proof.

I do like the VenomLipo battery packs and havethree 5000 40C LiPo battery packsbut will not purchase a Venom Motor and ESC combo again. Mine might be anisolated expereince with their motors and esc combos and mine died fairly soon. The motor is still good but the ESC died under normal running conditions.