Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How to fix dogbone bending problem on HSP -XSTR, REDCAT -TORNADO etc.

Hi,

This fix is valid for the buggy version such as HSP - XSTR, REDCAT - TORNADO, EXCEED - SUNRISE and other alike.

I have managed to fix the dogbone - driveshaft bending problem by putting shorter dogbones.
    The dogbones i have tried are 84mm long and not 89.5mm (that size was fitted from factory)
    Look the attachment for part number and size

Just remember to put either way of the dogbones pieces of rubber as (fuel tube or elastic band),

After this, absolute must fix, your buggy will jump without bending dogbones or breaking them.
    Happy to share my fix

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: How to fix dogbone bending problem on HSP -XSTR, REDCAT -TORNADO etc.

I have always said putting fuel tubing or a O ring inside the diff cups helps alot in reducing binding/bending/breaking of the dogbones.
    They almost always have too much play. Especially in the front, where they can come out of the wheel's cup when turning and hitting a bump.

a guy in the redcat forum found a way to use Traxxas rustler drive shafts. Seems the output of the diff can use the same as on the rustler. So with alittle modding on the hub side, you can run vxl rustler slider shafts. And since you can mod those to be stronger, you can end up with some really strong shafts that wont have any play.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: How to fix dogbone bending problem on HSP -XSTR, REDCAT -TORNADO etc.

You must put pieces of rubber to reduce the play of the dogbone, but not to thick, because we need the play.

So when the suspension is fully compressed there will be some play between wheel cup - dogbone - diff cup.