Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

How to fix dogbone bending problem on HSP -XSTR, REDCAT -TORNADO etc.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

How to fix dogbone bending problem on HSP -XSTR, REDCAT -TORNADO etc.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 11:42 AM
alxius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to fix dogbone bending problem on HSP -XSTR, REDCAT -TORNADO etc.

Hi,

This fix is valid for the buggy version such as HSP - XSTR, REDCAT - TORNADO, EXCEED - SUNRISE and other alike.

I have managed to fix the dogbone - driveshaft bending problem by putting shorter dogbones.
The dogbones i have tried are 84mm long and not 89.5mm (that size was fitted from factory)
Look the attachment for part number and size

Just remember to put either way of the dogbones pieces of rubber as (fuel tube or elastic band),

After this, absolute must fix, your buggy will jump without bending dogbones or breaking them.
Happy to share my fix
Old 03-25-2013, 01:02 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: How to fix dogbone bending problem on HSP -XSTR, REDCAT -TORNADO etc.

I have always said putting fuel tubing or a O ring inside the diff cups helps alot in reducing binding/bending/breaking of the dogbones.
They almost always have too much play. Especially in the front, where they can come out of the wheel's cup when turning and hitting a bump.

a guy in the redcat forum found a way to use Traxxas rustler drive shafts. Seems the output of the diff can use the same as on the rustler. So with alittle modding on the hub side, you can run vxl rustler slider shafts. And since you can mod those to be stronger, you can end up with some really strong shafts that wont have any play.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:53 AM
alxius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to fix dogbone bending problem on HSP -XSTR, REDCAT -TORNADO etc.

You must put pieces of rubber to reduce the play of the dogbone, but not to thick, because we need the play.

So when the suspension is fully compressed there will be some play between wheel cup - dogbone - diff cup.