Hey Everyone! Newbie here that is interested in buying my first RC car. I have several neighbors of mine that are into it and they got me hooked. I have been doing research for weeks and weeks on what kind of RC I would like to purchase and it's been very overwhelming! Here are a few must haves:
1. Electric only! Not interested in Nitro at all.
2. 1/10 Scale only.
3. RTR only! I want the whole package deal with batteries and radio included.
4. Versatility - I think my driving style will be off road and outdoors with occasional outdoor track visits.Â* I have woods in my back yard so definitely something that can handle a wooded environment.
5. Brushed or Brushless?????? (My neighbors have the Traxxas Slash 4x4 brushless and say that's the best bang for your buck for brushless)
6. Brand - Traxxas (Ive been told they are easier to work on than other brands) Correct me if I am wrong because I have no idea. I'm open to all brands.
7. Prefer 4x4
Based on my research so far I really like the E REVO, E MAXX, Summitt, and the Slash 4x4. I'm just not sure if I would be willing to spend the $$$$ for the brushless version. Is the brushed E REVO still a good purchase? I guess my price range is around $500 but would be willing to go up to maybe $700. I'm not opposed to different brands either. Please factor some of these things into play and provide me with your personal opinion. Any help would be appreciated so I can feel more educated before my first big purchase [img][/img]